Which Schools Have Changed Status: Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indicate which schools have updated status to "check back dec 3rd."

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avery07

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone -- please help everyone out and check off any schools for which your status has changed from "invited for interview" to "please check back on dec 3rd." This should clear up what schools the acceptance hypothesis corresponds to and which have no indication either way.

Schools Which Have Updated:
  • UCSF
  • Western
  • UConn
  • Nova
  • Midwestern - Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Louisville
  • Kentucky
  • Boston
  • Tufts
  • Minnesota
  • Columbia
  • Buffalo
  • Pittsburgh
  • Virginia Commonwealth
  • Marquette

Many of the schools already listed have a history of premature activity on AADSAS. Other schools to be on the lookout for activity include:
  • ASDOH
  • Southern Illinois
  • Maryland
  • East Carolina
  • Case
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for this! I was pretty sure none of my schools had updated but keeping track of all the threads was way too difficult. This should really help everyone, both now and over the next few days.

has anyones columbia status not changed to dec 3

I know some people that interviewed at Nova had the school added to aadsas, which it wasn't even on before ... however, I also interviewed there and nothing has shown up on aadsas for me

I'm not buying into any of this status changing theorizing. I'm signing off till Monday. Peace.

Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly is the hypothesis??

The hypothesis states that if your status changed from "invited to interview" to "check back dec 3rd," you are accepted to that school. If others are having updates for a certain school and you are not (same school), it should be assumed that you have been rejected or wait listed.

For the schools which have not provided check back on dec 3rd status updates, there is no rule. Expect updates around 12:00am on December 3rd in the AADSAS portal.

This was true for the 2011 cycle. In the 2010 and 2009 cycles, "invited for interview" would go blank -- as in there would be no text. This was known as blanking. If anyone was blanked, it corresponded to an acceptance. I liken the blanks of 2010 and 2009 to the check back dec 3rd of 2011 and 2012.

Most of the schools which have this activity have already been mentioned. The ones which have not updated yet that I feel will are listed at the bottom of my opening post.

Hope that clears things up. I have a very detailed study and polls of the 2010 cycle in past threads.

by not having it change to "check back..." it could also mean that they just haven't made a decision yet, not that you're rejected/wait listed automatically...

by not having it change to "check back..." it could also mean that they just haven't made a decision yet, not that you're rejected/wait listed automatically...

I believe this is untrue based on the 2010 cycle. Everyone who was not blanked by a school who had issued blanks to others -- was either rejected or wait listed. Additionally, everyone who was blanked was accepted. Again, I feel that a blank in 2009 or 2010 is the same as the current check back dec 1/3 of 2011 and 2012.

I took last cycle off so I'm not an expert on what happened in 2011. I am processing information as I learn more about what went on. That said, I can't say for a fact what you wrote is false but I do hold my belief that it is.

I believe this is untrue based on the 2010 cycle. Everyone who was not blanked by a school who had issued blanks to others -- was either rejected or wait listed. Additionally, everyone who was blanked was accepted.

That doesn't make sense, though. Most schools don't decide on every student by December 3rd. My understanding of the past, based on reading a bunch of threads about the blanks, was that every blank translated to an acceptance, as you said, and not being blanked could either mean rejection, waitlist, or eventual acceptance but not on December 3rd.

That doesn't make sense, though. Most schools don't decide on every student by December 3rd. My understanding of the past, based on reading a bunch of threads about the blanks, was that every blank translated to an acceptance, as you said, and not being blanked could either mean rejection, waitlist, or eventual acceptance but not on December 3rd.

this was my understanding too.

Well.... I applied to UCONN but did not get an interview from them and my status just changed to check back dec 3. I think is just a updated.

this was my understanding too.

What you say was true for schools that didn't offer blanks. For the schools that blanked people, this was a rule with 100% certainty.

For the schools that had no change either way --- there was nothing to be said about. It could go either way.

I personally believe that those who haven't had dec 3rd updates by the schools sending them out -- that they are either wait listed or rejected by said school.

Hope that clears things up.

The hypothesis states that if your status changed from "invited to interview" to "check back dec 3rd," you are accepted to that school. If others are having updates for a certain school and you are not (same school), it should be assumed that you have been rejected or wait listed.

For the schools which have not provided check back on dec 3rd status updates, there is no rule. Expect updates around 12:00am on December 3rd in the AADSAS portal.

This was true for the 2011 cycle. In the 2010 and 2009 cycles, "invited for interview" would go blank -- as in there would be no text. This was known as blanking. If anyone was blanked, it corresponded to an acceptance. I liken the blanks of 2010 and 2009 to the check back dec 3rd of 2011 and 2012.

Most of the schools which have this activity have already been mentioned. The ones which have not updated yet that I feel will are listed at the bottom of my opening post.

Hope that clears things up. I have a very detailed study and polls of the 2010 cycle in past threads.

Wait, aren't the two bolded statements contradicting? You're saying that if your status changed to "check back on Dec. 3rd" you will be excepted but... if you are "blanked" you are accepted?? Or are you talking about "blanking" when schools don't follow the first rule...

Well.... I applied to UCONN but did not get an interview from them and my status just changed to check back dec 3. I think is just a updated.

I have no idea what to believe anymore..

Looks like AADSAS might be having fun this cycle throwing curve balls at us.

In the end I suppose all we can do is wait.

The interesting thing is that I had cancelled my USC interview for mid-October and about 3 weeks ago my status for USC changed to "check back Dec 3". This is obviously a rejection, but it goes against the hypothesis a bit...?

My Minnesota status also changed yesterday to "Check back Dec 3", so I don't know exactly what to think.

Wait, aren't the two bolded statements contradicting? You're saying that if your status changed to "check back on Dec. 3rd" you will be excepted but... if you are "blanked" you are accepted?? Or are you talking about "blanking" when schools don't follow the first rule...

Blanking was the dec 3rd update for the 2009 and 2010 cycles.

In 2011 blanking disappeared and check back dec 1st popped up. Now in 2012 we have check back dec 3rd.

Follow?

Basically blanking in 2009 and 2010 = check back dec 1st/3rd in 2011 and 2012

Haha, I think I'm freaking myself out with all of this SDN-checking, so I might have to block this site until Monday...

One thing I would like to point out though is (I checked through SDN stalking), this poll was meant to be from when your STATUS CHANGED FROM "INVITED TO INTERVIEW" TO "CHECK BACK ON DEC. 3RD".

A few people are adding their information to the polls when they have received rejections from this poll, and so their status is "Please check back on Dec. 3rd"...the people who were rejected are skewing the results of this poll, perhaps because they didn't read that it was meant for only the interviewees at each school to write an update on a status change...

Blanking was the dec 3rd update for the 2009 and 2010 cycles.

In 2011 blanking disappeared and check back dec 1st popped up. Now in 2012 we have check back dec 3rd.

Follow?

Basically blanking in 2009 and 2010 = check back dec 1st/3rd in 2011 and 2012

Yes, makes sense. However, this would be much more believable if we knew anyone who DIDN'T get an update (after interviewing). At the moment, I don't know anyone who didn't get the update for all the schools that recently updated. So until I see someone who interviewed state that theirs wasn't updated for a school that DID update, I'm assuming it's just general protocol for all interviewed applicants?

I believe you! I did extensive studies myself! But there will always be some outliers....

Any hypothesis on schools that never posted on aadsas or those that gave interviews but only indicate received/under review?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=872513

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=872686

Check these two threads out and see what ya think.

a member on here named "cleanup" posted last year that his status changed for the UMinnesota to Check back on dec 1 a week before. He had also interviewed there. I followed his posts to see what he posted on Dec 1 and low and behold he recieved an acceptance. I also knew someone else that interviewed at minnesota last year and his status remained unchanged or "under review" he didnt hear back on dec 1 and got rejected later. So make what you want of it. It sounds like good news but I would just wait 3 more days to get the offical good news instead of getting your hopes up too high and maybe not hearing anything. Good luck all.

Here are posts by Cleanup from last year.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=871273

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...2#post11861352

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...8#post11827158

What was the status change for WVU? Mine changes on 11/20 to say review/ under again, from interview! What do you make of this? Wait listed?

I believe this is untrue based on the 2010 cycle. Everyone who was not blanked by a school who had issued blanks to others -- was either rejected or wait listed. Additionally, everyone who was blanked was accepted. Again, I feel that a blank in 2009 or 2010 is the same as the current check back dec 1/3 of 2011 and 2012.

I took last cycle off so I'm not an expert on what happened in 2011. I am processing information as I learn more about what went on. That said, I can't say for a fact what you wrote is false but I do hold my belief that it is.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by blanked by a school? Is this only on the AADSAS mobile portal? By blanked do you mean they got the "Check back Dec 3rd"?

Yes, makes sense. However, this would be much more believable if we knew anyone who DIDN'T get an update (after interviewing). At the moment, I don't know anyone who didn't get the update for all the schools that recently updated. So until I see someone who interviewed state that theirs wasn't updated for a school that DID update, I'm assuming it's just general protocol for all interviewed applicants?

Me. I interviewed at Buffalo. Some people got offers and mine is still invited for interview.

Me. I interviewed at Buffalo. Some people got offers and mine is still invited for interview.

Did you interview in October? Yours still shows "invited for interview"? Mine is showing "Check back Dec 3rd." Not sure what all this means.

So if I got interviewed at Buffalo and nothing changed that means I didn't get an acceptance there?

Did you interview in October? Yours still shows "invited for interview"? Mine is showing "Check back Dec 3rd." Not sure what all this means.

I think you got an offer or waitlist from the leaked info this morning. I interviewed on 9/14 and mine still says invited for interview. Not a good sign at all for me :(

Anyone get the, check back dec 3, for WVU???

My status changed from invited to interview to check back December 3rd for WVU.

Are you a resident of WV? And were your stats good? If you don't mind me asking.

Temple rejected me back in October-ish and it changed to "check back on December 3" as soon as I got the letter of rejection in mail. It still says that. Schools that interviewed me also changed it to "check back on December 3." And since I didn't get to see the status leak earlier today, I have no idea what it all means.

That means my under review after it switched from invited to interview means denial!

Kitty I think u r in at buffalo if they updated to check back!

Huh? How?????? :confused:

For Buffalo, the check back status revealed offer made for people who checked the mobile portal IF you interviewed there.

Most likely, you are in. Congratulations.

it's odd because my status for UCSF changes to "check back on December 3" but I never interviewed with them....in fact they rejected me by e-mail lol

Hey guys, I wouldn't think too much of this. I think it just depends on the school. My "interview invite" status for one school never changed and I already received my acceptance email. Good luck everyone!

For Buffalo, the check back status revealed offer made for people who checked the mobile portal IF you interviewed there.

When did this occur?

If you are wrong, I will hunt you down and make you buy me an LV bag to make me feel better. :oops: