Which schools have dorms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

Ok after E'01's posts, about not wanting to live in dorms....I had to ask the question....how many medical school's have dorms, and if so, how are they? and how many people want to live in dorms? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane has dorms, but it's cooler to live uptown or somewhere in the warehouse district. But they do have dorms...

The Manhattan schools--Cornell and Columbia-do, as does Harvard. Some of my top choices, and that's one of the appealing things to me. I'm currently a senior at a school where very few non-frosh live in dorms, and I'm still in them by choice. Makes life so much easier. Anybody agree? Oh, I think WUStL does too.

Members don't see this ad :)
you list the manhatten schools and you leave out NYU? sacrilege! anyway, we have 'dorms' of sort, either single rooms with shared kitchen/bathroom or shared studios with kitchen/bathroom. upperclassmen can choose some apartments with a few more amenities. i mean, it's NYC- it's no surprise. the people who go to this school are cool enought to compensate for this. it is a minor adjustment at most.

bud

I echo grasshopper's comments.
Campus life is the best! Can't beat having an open campus as a backyard. Especially when the theater is left unlocked at night... ;)

In a couple of my essays of why I'd attend a school, I mentioned that I'd like to live on campus (if they had housing for med/grad students).

Whats'up Watcha? :)

I kinda assumed that most med schools have dorms. Out of the 18 i'm applying to, i believe only one does not have dorms and that is Finch. As for your qa Watcha, I'd rather have my own place (studio or one bathroom). I know that some med schools have the above livng arrangements in addition to regular dorms.

Originally posted by E'01:
•Whats'up Watcha? :)

I kinda assumed that most med schools have dorms. Out of the 18 i'm applying to, i believe only one does not have dorms and that is Finch. As for your qa Watcha, I'd rather have my own place (studio or one bathroom). I know that some med schools have the above livng arrangements in addition to regular dorms.•

wassup girl....actually, the UC system doesnt have dorms either...

UTMB does have dorms...and they ARE the best deal (well, MAYBE the frat houses beat them, but not by much). However, the reason I chose not to live in a dorm is: 1) They dictate what you can own (one 4x6 rug, 30 books, one computer, x number of posters...) and 2) you have to share a bathroom. Im tired of shower shoes. oh yeah 3) they're TINY unless you want a roommate. thats just here though, I cant speak for anywhere else!

Star