Which schools have rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dastud85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
which school shave rolling admissions, and when is the best time to apply for these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You should check the FAQs or just go to the Pharmcas website. On top of my head, LECOM, UACP, Midwestern-CCP, Midwestern-CPG.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello all,
which school shave rolling admissions, and when is the best time to apply for these schools?

what is the difference between regular school and rolling schools??

Creighton

Actually, Creighton's website and the admissions people I've talked to says that the school doesn't use rolling admissions. Case in point, my application wasn't fully completed until right before the deadline and I got into the school.;)

However, Creighton does interview and evaluate applications based on completion date, and they do make a few decisions before the deadline. But many of the interview dates are after the deadline so I wouldn't classify Creighton as a rolling admissions school.

The difference between the two types revolve around the amount of admission decisions a school makes before a deadline versus after the deadline.

A regular school will make most of its admissions decisions along with interviews after the deadline. A rolling admissions school will have its admission committee meet several times BEFORE the deadline to interview and make admission decisions for the applications that have been completed before the date.

So for rolling admission schools, it is vital to get your application in early and not a week or two before the deadline. Because if you finish your application relatively late, you'll be competing with a lot of people for only a few spots because most of the other spots were filled prior to the adcoms reviewing your application. For regular admissions, it wouldn't kill your application if you turned it in on the deadline date as much as rolling admissions because you would be evaluated on a closer basis to the early bird applicants.

hello all,

I know this is a thread I would have loved to have read the spring before I applied to Pharmacy school so I demand you guys read it! This thread is magical and has the power to get you into pharmacy school. eddie had a wizard hat on while he wrote it.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=347616

OOps - sorry, I meant Minnesota has rolling. Creighton does not.