SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Which schools have rolling admissions?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dastud85, May 14, 2007.

1. dastud85

dastud85 2+ Year Member

May 5, 2007
    hello all,
    which school shave rolling admissions, and when is the best time to apply for these schools?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Idesiretosling

Idesiretosling 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    the very last day they accept applications....

4. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    You should check the FAQs or just go to the Pharmcas website. On top of my head, LECOM, UACP, Midwestern-CCP, Midwestern-CPG.

5. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Owned.............:D

To the OP, turn in your application ASAP.

6. RX CARE

RX CARE Eye Have You!! 10+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    :laugh: :laugh: Hahaha..............Nubes crack me up sometimes. I mean I know I was a nube at one time too......but damn....what a question...

7. drugdoc

drugdoc Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Creighton

8. janeno

janeno Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2005
    University of Minnesota

9. firstgeneration

firstgeneration 5+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2007

what is the difference between regular school and rolling schools??

10. omnione

Actually, Creighton's website and the admissions people I've talked to says that the school doesn't use rolling admissions. Case in point, my application wasn't fully completed until right before the deadline and I got into the school.;)

However, Creighton does interview and evaluate applications based on completion date, and they do make a few decisions before the deadline. But many of the interview dates are after the deadline so I wouldn't classify Creighton as a rolling admissions school.

11. omnione

The difference between the two types revolve around the amount of admission decisions a school makes before a deadline versus after the deadline.

A regular school will make most of its admissions decisions along with interviews after the deadline. A rolling admissions school will have its admission committee meet several times BEFORE the deadline to interview and make admission decisions for the applications that have been completed before the date.

So for rolling admission schools, it is vital to get your application in early and not a week or two before the deadline. Because if you finish your application relatively late, you'll be competing with a lot of people for only a few spots because most of the other spots were filled prior to the adcoms reviewing your application. For regular admissions, it wouldn't kill your application if you turned it in on the deadline date as much as rolling admissions because you would be evaluated on a closer basis to the early bird applicants.

12. Idesiretosling

Idesiretosling 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I know this is a thread I would have loved to have read the spring before I applied to Pharmacy school so I demand you guys read it! This thread is magical and has the power to get you into pharmacy school. eddie had a wizard hat on while he wrote it.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=347616

13. drugdoc

drugdoc Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2006
    OOps - sorry, I meant Minnesota has rolling. Creighton does not.