kj8210

7+ Year Member
May 15, 2012
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey guys I was wondering which schools absolutely REQUIRE a D.O LOR? I have one from an MD. I shadowed a D.O for a few months but then went to graduate school immediately and it's been a little over year since I last saw this physician. Is it rude for me to still ask for a LOR? I know I should have asked for one earlier but it totally slipped my mind once I started grad school.

tony101

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
You need to look up the school requirements. There are a few that absolutely REQUIRE a letter from a DO

About the Ads

Dream_big

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
VCOM does as well. They will accept an MD letter for the time being, but you will eventually need to send in a DO letter.

OP
kj8210

kj8210

7+ Year Member
May 15, 2012
Status
Do you guys think its rude of me to ask for a letter even though I haven't seen this physician in over a year?

Marrowist

Bone Boy
2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Couldn't hurt to try.

tony101

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Do you guys think its rude of me to ask for a letter even though I haven't seen this physician in over a year?
Go for it! I was shadowing my DO for 3 weeks. He got to know me and seemed to like me a lot and I just mentioned that some schools do need a letter and he was more then happy to write me one! They remember the process and are more then happy to help fellow students out :)

About the Ads