Which Schools REQUIRE a D.O Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kj8210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering which schools absolutely REQUIRE a D.O LOR? I have one from an MD. I shadowed a D.O for a few months but then went to graduate school immediately and it's been a little over year since I last saw this physician. Is it rude for me to still ask for a LOR? I know I should have asked for one earlier but it totally slipped my mind once I started grad school.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to look up the school requirements. There are a few that absolutely REQUIRE a letter from a DO

Members don't see this ad :)
VCOM does as well. They will accept an MD letter for the time being, but you will eventually need to send in a DO letter.

Do you guys think its rude of me to ask for a letter even though I haven't seen this physician in over a year?

Do you guys think its rude of me to ask for a letter even though I haven't seen this physician in over a year?
Go for it! I was shadowing my DO for 3 weeks. He got to know me and seemed to like me a lot and I just mentioned that some schools do need a letter and he was more then happy to write me one! They remember the process and are more then happy to help fellow students out :)