Which Schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seanskim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know I shouldn't let other ppl decide where to apply for me but I just want some guidance. I was going to apply to east coast schools such as BU, Tufts, Rutgers, NYU, and so on. However, I'm also considering west coast schools as well now. Also I did really well on the DAT (How the hell did i get these scores) so I want to apply to top schools as well. The following is my GPA and DAT.
Cum GPA : 3.556
Science GPA: 3.7
DAT
PAT 27
QR 27
RC 22
BIO 21
GC 26
OC 27
TS 23
AA 25
I don't have much extracurricular activities but I'm going to Haiti for volunteer service next week. (not sure if i should add this to my CV). I have 100+ shadowing hours from a general dentist. 3 LOR from Org chem, Cell bio, Microbio professors and 1 LOR from the dentist i shadowed. I majored in bio and have 2 minors, Math and Business. If anyone could give me a solid ~10 colleges They would apply to in my position, that would be awesome. Would you try applying to ivy leagues such as upenn, columbia, and harvard?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Wherever you want really, just get the ADEA book. You can apply to ivys if thats your cup of tea, along with not only state schools but other states schools that give you in state tuition after 1 year (SB,UB,Rutgers). I'd even apply to all three texas too imo.

I have similar stats and live East Coast. Applied to 16, including all of above you mentioned. I'm applying to some cali schools for various reasons. Do some research on what you like in schools...Find your reasons. More clinical work? More research? etc You didn't mention any research so consider excluding Harvard. Columbia enjoys a high DAT score in applicants, so your chances are good there. Rutgers provides high clinic exposure, if you're into that.