Medical Which schools should I apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sgpa 3.75, overall gpa 3.77. mcat 510 (125, 128, 129, 128). PA resident, ORM. Decent ECs. clinical volunteering about 200 hours, non-clinical about 200 hours over the past few years, shadowing 60. Just started research a few months ago. I can only apply up to 20 schools due to finances. Please help with school list. Here are my preliminary lists: Albany, NYMC, Drexel, UMiami Miller, Penn State.. Thanks . @Goro @Faha
Unless you only plan to apply to 5 schools, I would love to see a bigger list! I suggest purchasing the MSAR and looking at schools within your range. Avoid state schools that don't take large number of people from out of state.

Without knowing anything else, I think it would at least help to see a full list of schools you plan to apply to, then we can help you pare it down.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you @tantacles
Here is my full list:
Albany
NYMC
Drexel
UMiami Miller
Penn State
Geisinger(Scranton)
Temple LKSOM
Jefferson Sidney Kimmel
Hackensack Meridian (Seton Hall)
Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson
Rosalind Franklin (North Chicago)
Rush
Loyola Stritch
U of Colorado
Quinnipiac
Nova MD
USF Morsani (Tampa, FL)
Oakland (Michigan)
Georgetown
George Washington

Any schools to add or remove to this list? Thank you!

I think overall your list is pretty solid. I think it's a very practical list, and what I suggest is adding a few more slightly higher tier schools just to see where the cards will fall. Unless you object to any of these location-wise, I think I would add Boston University, Tufts, NYU, Rochester, and Albert Einstein. It's possible none of them will interview you, but I think it's worth it to try for a little bit higher tier given that your stats are good.

sgpa 3.75, overall gpa 3.77. mcat 510 (125, 128, 129, 128). PA resident, ORM. Decent ECs. clinical volunteering about 200 hours, non-clinical about 200 hours over the past few years, shadowing 60. Just started research a few months ago. can only apply upto 20 schools due to finances. Please help with school list. Here are my preliminary lists: Albany, NYMC, Drexel, UMiami Miller, Penn State.. Thanks . @Goro @Faha
I recommend:

Rochester (maybe)
U ILL (maybe)
Emory
U CO
Tufts
Pitt (maybe)
Nova MD
U WI
U VM
Miami
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
TCU/UNT
Geisinger if you're from the Scranton area

Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.