Which Schools should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ajtt12

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm new to SDN and I was hoping to get some info about which schools I should apply to with my credentials.
MCAT: 521
cGPA:3.91
sGPA:3.97.
Did my undergrad in at a liberal arts college and did a lot of my science prerequisites at a community college. I am a permanent resident from New York. thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

The little information you provided really does not limit your choices (unless this is everything you have). GPA / MCAT are competitive for top schools. Follow the prompt in the WAMC forum to provide enough information for people to help. What Are My Chances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a troll though. I've always been taken up with Osteopathic Medicine because it is the type of medicine practiced in my home country. I was not originally a pre med student and as I said I recently became a permanent resident so I don't know as much as a lot of people on this forum so I was simply asking for advice.

Not a troll though. I've always been taken up with Osteopathic Medicine because it is the type of medicine practiced in my home country. I was not originally a pre med student and as I said I recently became a permanent resident so I don't know as much as a lot of people on this forum so I was simply asking for advice.
What country are you from? Osteopathic Medicine in the US is not the same as it is in most other countries.

Reactions: 1 users
What I meant was the holistic approach to medicine and the high emphasis on Anatomy and total body treatment etc. Obviously being a new permanent resident I am not looking to return to my home country to practice. It's just a style of medicine to which I am familiar

What I meant was the holistic approach to medicine and the high emphasis on Anatomy and total body treatment etc. Obviously being a new permanent resident I am not looking to return to my home country to practice. It's just a style of medicine to which I am familiar
You should apply MD. Your stats are amazing. You'll be glad you did. You will have far more doors open to you.

Hey Everyone, I'm new to SDN and I was hoping to get some info about which schools I should apply to with my credentials.
MCAT: 521
cGPA:3.91
sGPA:3.97.
Did my undergrad in at a liberal arts college and did a lot of my science prerequisites at a community college. I am a permanent resident from New York. thanks a lot
There are plenty of options of available. You can opt between US med schools as well as you can also look for options in Caribbean

For US, your costs will be pretty High when compared to other locations but the same quality can also be achieved in South America – Caribbean as well.

There are plenty of options of available. You can opt between US med schools as well as you can also look for options in Caribbean

For US, your costs will be pretty High when compared to other locations but the same quality can also be achieved in South America – Caribbean as well.
Do not go Caribbean. OP will get into USMD.

Reactions: 1 user

I hope your just being sarcastic in this post...
Carribean schools are **** and you pay for your degree. OP needs to go MD in the US, so that residency matching will not be an issue. Half carrib students never match, and the other half fill undesirable residency spots in FM.

This is so ignorant that it's outright malicious.

I've always been taken up with Osteopathic Medicine because it is the type of medicine practiced in my home country.

Impossible. There is no “DO philosophy.” It is simply a marketing point, so you should go MD to keep the most career options open as you can.

Go away.

Impossible. There is no “DO philosophy.” It is simply a marketing point, so you should go MD to keep the most career options open as you can.

Go away.
I appreciate your response. The thing is I believe in a more holistic approach and I majored in anthropology with a huge emphasis on ethnomedicine. I will take all advice into consideration and Caribbean med schools are a no-go for me. Just plain and simple