Which schools will accept foreign BSc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freesia88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there really schools which will admit you with a foreign BSc? I have looked at some of the threads and can't seem to get a clear grasp of which. I am taking all my prereqs here in the US, as well as some upper level sciences. I am also a permanent resident so no trouble from there.

If it turns out I need to just suck it up and get an undergrad from here then good, but I don't want to have to go through all that trouble and expense when there is a chance I might get in somewhere.

Thanks for the responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Try emailing particular med schools you're interested in and seeing their requirements...

There are a lot that will accept a foreign BS/BA, but they all (as far as I know) want the prereq classes to be from a U.S. college. Many also want a certain number of units and/or a year enrolled full-time as a postbac or postgrad in the U.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think, most schools require you to have 90 credit hrs (undergraduate) from the U.S. (including the pre-reqs). But you don't have to get another B.S. degree.

Thank you all! It's good to know that I have a chance. Better get back to rocking those prereqs.