Which Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finchy86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need help with my list of schools as well. I don't have to apply to this many but they are just the ones I thought of applying to. I have a B.S. in Biology. After having retaken the DAT I am not too worried about getting interviews but just want to know where I could go and where I should apply. Thanks for the input!

Current Stats:
bcpGPA 3.58, sGPA 3.42, oGPA 3.42.
old DAT scores: TS 17, RC 20, PAT 19, QR 18, AA 18.
new DAT scores: TS 23, RC 21, PAT 21, QR 19, AA 22
100+ Hours Shadowing
Tons of Volunteering
600+ Hours of Research (best part about the research is the experience with animal surgeries)

ASDOH
Midwestern (AZ)
Western
Loma Linda
UoP
Midwestern (IL)
Louisville
Tufts
Boston University
Creighton
Oregon
Temple
UPenn
Roseman
Washington
Marquette

I am a Washington resident hence why I chose UW. And I have relatives that attended both Oregon and UoP.

edit: Changes in Red.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UNE and MSDOH are most likely going o be regional. I wouldnt apply to them.

So I need help with my list of schools as well. I don't have to apply to this many but they are just the ones I thought of applying to. I have a B.S. in Biology and will be retaking the DAT this July.

Current Stats:
bcpGPA 3.58, sGPA 3.42, oGPA 3.42.
DAT scores: Science 17, RC 20, PAT 19, QR 18, AA 18.

ASDOH
Midwestern (AZ)
Western
Loma Linda
UoP
Midwestern (IL)
Louisville
Tufts
Boston University
UNE
MSDOH
Creighton
Oregon
Temple
UPenn
Roseman
Washington
Marquette

I am a Washington resident hence why I chose UW. And I have relatives that attended both Oregon and UoP.

It's very hard to know what schools to suggest, considering you're retaking the DAT in July. Once we have the score you will be using to get considered, then I think people will be able to give you better advice about the schools to either add or remove. Best of luck on the DAT.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am assuming I will do better based on the amount of time I have to study for the DAT this time around. I plan on submitting my AADSAS application this week. So I guess base your responses on my current DAT stats?

How about replacing UNE and MSDOH with Pitt and Case?

Just took the DAT. Here is the breakdown. So now what advice do you have an which schools to apply to?

Just took the DAT. Here is the breakdown. So now what advice do you have an which schools to apply to?

Great job on your retake! I'm interested in what you did different this time around. What resources did you use?

Your stats look good, so ten-fifteen schools would probably be enough. Looks like a good mix of safety, mid-tier, and reach schools. Maybe throw in a few more schools with stats below yours to be safe if you're interested in applying to more schools.

Now that you have a score, I think your list looks solid. I think you're good to go. Make sure you prepare for your interviews. Best of luck.:thumbup:

Great job on your retake! I'm interested in what you did different this time around. What resources did you use?

I believe it was using more of a variety of materials to prepare. I also spent so much more time studying. And I used chad's videos, in my opinion they were the best of all of the resources used.

Thanks everyone for the replies.