Which shelf to take next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainZeki

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my next shelf on Sept 7th and I can decide which of the following shelves I can take: Surgery, IM, OB/GYN.
I am in a MD school that does LIC (long integrated clerkships) where you hop around a different clinic each day. I have already completed my in patient IM rotation (4 weeks long) and currently in an outpatient IM, surgery, and OB/GYN clinic (also peds, psych, and FM).

If you were in my shoes and had to choose a shelf to take, which one would you take? I have UW and Amboss and use ANKI daily. There is so much content for IM that I do not want to take that next tbh. Is OB/GYN easier? It has less content (we also have access to UWise as well).

Let me know your thoughts! I am trying to match into either Med-Peds or FM so I don't wanna ruin my chance at Honoring IM.

Members don't see this ad.

OB/Gyn, Surgery then IM. In that order.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if I didnt do my inpatient OB/GYN rotation (finishing up my outpatient OB/GYN rotation via my LIC)?
Yes. Do your UWorld and you are good to go. I was in a similar situation as you and scored in the 93+ precentile on the og/gyn shelf.