Which SMP program is a easy program to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwillmakeit2

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out an easy SMP program? why and what were you guys experiences at that institution?

Members don't see this ad.

Medical School is pretty rigorous - any 'easy' SMP would not be taken seriously by any US medical school.
Even if they did, you will struggle with the course load in Medical School if you don't have a strong foundation in the basic sciences, good study skills, and some determination to push through when the going gets tough. No 'easy' SMP will teach you any of that.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out an easy SMP program? why and what were you guys experiences at that institution?
If you take an easy SMP, how will you be prepared for medical school?

If you want to be a doctor, you earn it with hard work. There are no short cuts.

And honestly, there are no easy SMPs.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

Idk what your Hx at Geisinger was, I'm sorry you went through whatever it was that didnt allow to be successful there. Many of us know how they can be, and how other programs can be during times of mental health and illness. The reality however is that all SMP/Post-Bacc programs are like that, and to be honest so is medical school. Your best bet would be to find a pipeline program that gives you a direct admission based on a 3.5-3.7 GPA in their SMP for a guaranteed spot. I think there are really only a few but it maybe worth it if you really want medicine as a career. B/C if not you're going to have to explain in an interview what happened at Geisinger and trust me medical admissions will grill you on what would you do if the same happened while in medical school.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users