Which SMPs for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

startswithb

Future Urologist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is a tough decision between taking more upper level biology coursework (because I was a chem major) or doing an SMP. I am going to apply to a few SMPs soon and would like advice on where to apply. So far I am definitely applying to the Loyola MA in Medical Sciences because it is close (IL resident). I also have read good things about the Tulane program and I may qualify for that because I am on what could be considered a waitlist at an MD program right now.

3.41 cGPA 3.14 bcpm
Upward trend: 3.0/3.1 fresh/spoh 3.7/3.5/4.0 jr/sr/post-bacc
1 4 hr class in graduate level adv cell bio this fall, probably 4.0
31 O MCAT 10 PS 11 VR 10 BS
Lots of ECs, but looking for more to help me stand out
Unsure about quality of LORs

I am very motivated and feel that I have finally hit my stride with science coursework, so I believe that I could perform quite well in an SMP. What do you guys think? Thank you in advance!!