Which state has the most pre-meds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Stalker

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I'm aware every college is filled with students all "majoring in pre-med" (freshman are so cute walking around saying that...), I was curious to know which state has the MOST pre-meds? I'm a New Yorker and it seems like NY has a tonnnnnnn of them, but clearly I'm biased 😛.
 
Do you mean like the number of premeds per capita, or the absolute number of premeds? Because if it's just the absolute number, then probably the most populous state has the most premeds, i.e. California.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mean like the number of premeds per capita, or the absolute number of premeds? Because if it's just the absolute number, then probably the most populous state has the most premeds, i.e. California.
Per capita* Sorry I should've specified that.
 
Most public university "pre-meds" give up on it when they realize being a rich fancy doctor is actually a lot of work.