which state pays the most to dental associates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It says here
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291021.htm
Alaska, New Hampshire, Delaware, North Carolina, and Vermont are the highest paying states.

Why are these states so high paying? Living conditions deter dentists from practising there?

Alaska - no dental school and it's far
New Hampshire & Vermont - also no dental school
Delaware - no dental school and very strict on licensing
North Carolina - I don't know why this is on the list. I thought a new dental school just opened there so they should have plenty of dentists there if they don't already. Maybe it's on the list because it used to be very hard to get a license there, they had their own exam. But I believe this isn't the case anymore and they accept some of the regional exams and offer licensure by credentials.

Members don't see this ad :)
North Carolina - I don't know why this is on the list. I thought a new dental school just opened there so they should have plenty of dentists there if they don't already. Maybe it's on the list because it used to be very hard to get a license there, they had their own exam. But I believe this isn't the case anymore and they accept some of the regional exams and offer licensure by credentials.

of the four you listed, North Carolina is probably the state with the least competition. But its still very good pay. If I'm not mistaken, there is a scholarship for NC residents that work in rural areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your feedback.

of the four you listed, North Carolina is probably the state with the least competitive. But its still very good pay. If I'm not mistaken, there is a scholarship for NC residents that work in rural areas.
Thanks Jeff for the good point. :)