Which Step 2 Study guides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soon_md

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am wondering who has used what out there for Step 2. I used First Aid for Step 1 (and Q-bank), satisfied with results... I have heard that First Aid for Step 2 isn't as great???? I like it's format and am wondering if anyone had success with it. Other options that I have looked at are Rx for Step 2 and Boards and Wards.
I am also debating on Q-bank for Step 2..

HELP!!!!! Thanks! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Also, does anyone know if the NMS Step 2 Review CD-ROM version is the same as the book version. Thanks a lot.

USMLE Step 2 Secrets. I just took the test today, and that book is they key! I also used Rx for the Boards intermittently. But read Secrets! And do questions....

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking step II in a couple of weeks. I don't know about the new version, but the old version of NMS (book) is word by word the same exact material than cd-rom. I'd like to know if it is the same.... I think maybe the new book has some more questions in it.... Regarding books.... I used Kaplan, boards and wards, secrets and blueprints and am very happy, although peds is a bit of an overkill in kaplan and blueprints (but you shouldn't miss any questions this way). Also q book and q-bank. Didn't like bank as well-easier questions. Alert is a waste of time in my opinion. I do like NMS and Mock the exam quite a bit!!! Good luck. :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between USMLE step 2 secrets and Crush Step 2? Is one better than the other for any reason? I have both; trying to decide which one or both?