Which study guide for Organic Chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a study guide/outline for Organic Chemistry, which book/software/etc. would you guys suggest? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

The 2 people suggested for me were Organic Chem. as a 2nd Language and Pushing Electrons. I wouldn't call them outlines, but they are excellent supplements/helpers. Sorry if that's not what you're looking for! Be well!
Scott

i thought kaplan was more than sufficient for ochem...it was pretty hard actually, so it prepared you well. kaplan was good for gchem too, but use another guide for bio and the pat

Members don't see this ad :)
Pushing Electrons was a recommended book when I took Orgo 1 and 2. I can honestly say that I never used that book.

When I was prepping for the DAT, I was enrolled in summer Orgo 2. The first 1/3 of that class was a review of Orgo 1, so that really helped in my preparation. So on top of all the reading/problem sets I was already doing for my class, I found Kaplan to be an excellent review/aid.

Also, my professor for Orgo 1 was nice enough to email the final exam review which included a multitude of problems and key sections to review, all of which were relevant to the DAT.

Kaplan's Organic Chemistry Edge. Lectures from the class in text, outline, section problems, and q's at end of book. approx $8 used on amazon.