which term would you apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdreamy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys!

i am pursuing a 1 year masters program this fall and would like to go to dental school next fall. would it make sense for me to apply during this upcoming cycle? i am a reapplicant and im afraid the schools are not going to have new grades or gpa to compare my old file with bc i'd have just started the master's program. would it be a smart move to apply now? i realize it'd be better to hold off until next cycle, but i really want to hopefully start dent school next year! i have waited long enough! would the schools wait until dec to see my grades from the first sem?
im not sure how it works for those students who are doing masters before dent school...any help would be appreciated! :)

thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

applying doesn't hurt. what are you stats if you dont mind asking

average! GPA-3.4 DAT - 19
I will be a re-applicant this year, so I just wanna think about it before I blow away all my money..again :/ although its not my primary concern.

Members don't see this ad :)
id say you stats are ok. if you apply really early you would have a better chance of getting in. Also, apply to schools that dont have as high of a DAT average and a rather large class size. good luck man. persistence will pay off.