Which two sequences should I take together?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ragtime

An underdog
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What two sequences, if taken concurrently, would be more manageable?

Biology and Physics

OR

Biology and Organic Chemistry

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming these are prereqs. Try to take all 3 now and leave lots of slots open during jr/sr year for electives.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought organic chemistry was easier than physics, but I guess it depends on what type of physics you're taking. I'd imagine physics for biology majors/premeds is different than physics for engineers, which is what I took. Also, getting A's is most important. Don't take all 3 if you don't think you can get A's.

Im not sure what Bio it is, but if I had a choice Id do Biology and Physics. Only because, I am not sure if you've taken the MCAT or how close you are to taking it....but if you have too long a gap b/w taking Bio/Orgo (which is all one section on the MCAT), then youll have to start studying over again.....after atleast a 6 month gap....just my 2 cents...

I would want to take physics closer to the MCAT to keep the equations and concepts fresh in my mind. The orgo on the MCAT is the absolute most basic and requires minimal studying and refreshing compared to the other subjects, IMO.

I took all three at once with labs while working and did fine. I hated my life, but it was good for it all to be over so I could focus on the MCAT. Only you can decide if you have the fortitude for three lab Clara at once though. Given the choice between just two, I'd say bio+phys, as they are more useful in preparing for the MCAT by a long shot if you'll be taking it the following year.

100 level biology like (Cell/Molecular and Organismal). Also, the physics would be for biology majors (not the calc based).

I'm a junior and I have to double up on sequences for at least one year. From what you guys are saying, I should take physics right before the MCAT, so I guess that means I take O.Chem my junior year, then senior year Bio+Physics?