While on campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Requiem

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, to everyone who's ever attended college/university, a simple question.

Let's say for example you have classes from 9-12 then your next class isn't until 3pm or so, what do you do in the hours inbetween classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Study so I have my evenings free.

I could say that I am a good student and spend my time studying too. However, the truth is I try my hardest to avoid studying while on campus! I'm usually in the computer lab or talking with classmates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd probably grab something to eat first then head on over to the library and get some work out of the way. Or if I am lazy, find a place to take a quick nap. :D

Ooooh I'm the only bad student here?! Duh....the correct answer is skip your 3 oclock class. Come on people, aren't we professionals! :p ;)

At my other school, when i had a break i would usually hangout in the computer lab. A few of my friends worked in there and it was a usual hangout spot. Studying in the library is a good option too, but i dont want to study all the time. Maybe get some homework done, hangout with friends, go to teachers office hours for help.

study study study and have a rest of the evening off. if you dont meet minumum GPA you are out. quite scary sometimes but it is reality.

I commuted my first year of school and was on campus some days from 8-5 with some long breaks in between. I always *tried* to use that time to do homework or study. I found that it was pretty nice to try and do all my work while I was at school and have more time off at night. I found that I studied much less on campus my second and third years when I lived 10 min from school. I definately had more time for myself when I was commuting and studying more during my breaks.

This coming semester I will be on campus every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am until 9:20pm. During that time I'll have a break between 12:15pm-2pm and 3:50pm-7:20pm. I plan to use that time to eat lunch and dinner and to study since I commute one hour each way to and from school.

I take 45 minutes or so to have lunch and read a newspaper. Then I study in the library.

Troy

study, meet up with friends to eat, attend office hours or work out

Study, eat, get some fresh air, maybe go to one of the classes at the fitness center.

Well as it turns out I don't have many breaks, but my routine is amusingly similar, we're all going to different universities but students have the same behaviour!

Eat, Study (library or with friends), go to resource room or prof.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, eat and study.

I live about 10 minutes from the UT Campus but the commute takes practically half an hour due to the cruddy traffic.

But every once in a while, you'll find me holed up in the computer lab. Fortunately, my classes are, at most, an hour apart and I'm out by 3.

Study? Hell nooo.....go find a nice comfy sofa and take a nap!

When i was in undergrad i hit the UC and played some pool and hung out with friends between classes though i lived on campus and sometimes went back to my room i usually didn't because it was too far away.
i can't say i EVER studied and i only darkened the door of the library once and ended up leaving with a date.

Just a suggestion...
don't waste your college/university years. they were a blast! and you won't be able to get that experience ever again once you enter pharm school. have some fun in life b/c it sucks later

Please be advised the above is one person's opinion and may not reflect the general consensus about how one's future life may or may not suck.

Still, don't waste your college days, but there may be better reasons for not doing so then your life is going to be miserable after you get out. :thumbup:

Personally during breaks between classes I like to sleep. Since I'm not a big fan of sleeping at night, usually 3-4 hours max I use this time to catch a nap or even better catch a nap with some beautiful young lady.
Jeremy W. Plaster

"Come waste your time with me."

I'm another that has lunch and then studies during the breaks... I like to have my weekends free, so this really helps!

Is there a mall closeby? Hit the mall for some shopping once in a while :)
Not all the time obviously...

Actually, I think in pharm school you have a much more tight knit group of people. We tend to hang out and do things all the time. In undergrad we played around a lot, but here we are much more involved and spend more time doing things together. Saying that you will not get the time to do that in pharm school is totally untrue, and if anything these people will become like family. At least, that is how it is at our school!

Tuck said:
Actually, I think in pharm school you have a much more tight knit group of people. We tend to hang out and do things all the time. In undergrad we played around a lot, but here we are much more involved and spend more time doing things together. Saying that you will not get the time to do that in pharm school is totally untrue, and if anything these people will become like family. At least, that is how it is at our school!

i have a "family" here too but we do a lot less "fun" stuff and much more studying... in undergrad (for me) classes were TONS easier and therefore there was more time to have fun... i.e. mall, playing pool, bowling, etc..

There might be one night we just go out to dinner and have fun but mainly we get together and study.

sorry if i've offended people but studying for me is not what i consider fun

I'm in the same situation because three days out of the week I have a 3 hour gap between classes. I debate whether I should go to the library and study....or go back to my dorm and sleep for an hour...wake up, eat then head off to my 12 o' clock class. What would you guys do in my situation?

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
I'm in the same situation because three days out of the week I have a 3 hour gap between classes. I debate whether I should go to the library and study....or go back to my dorm and sleep for an hour...wake up, eat then head off to my 12 o' clock class. What would you guys do in my situation?

it would depend on how tired i was... and hungry...

that's true....haha. I get pretty hungry and sleepy so I have a tendency to want to go back to my dorm. It sucks because nothing works for me, like red bull and energy bars...they have no affect on me whatsoever.

Luckily I get up around 2PM. That's unless I have to go to campus for a meeting or presentation. Let's hear it for distance education!!!