white boards and notes

Discussion in 'Step I' started by tennik, Mar 14, 2004.

1. tennik

tennik Member
    7+ Year Member

How do you make notes during step I? I have heard you can get a white board, but can't picture myself sitting at a computer with a board and magic marker! Can you get paper?

Thanks in advance.

2. Olanzapine

Olanzapine Membership Revoked
    Removed

Nope, you only get a white board with a few dry erasable markers. You don't really need it though. I might have used it once just to calculate some simple equation, I don't really remember.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    tennik

tennik Member
    7+ Year Member

I have trouble with some stats without drawing a chart. I have heard that stats is very heavily weighted (like 1 or 2 questions:laugh:)

4. I only used the whiteboard (which is more like a whiteboard-material piece of card, and you get a few of them) a few times, all for biostats questions. I think I had one basic question on sensitivity vs. specificity, one on positive predictive value, and another on basic prevalence vs. incidence.

5. Fermi

Fermi Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

No paper is allowed, as they don't want people copying test material and pocketing it to share with friends, Kaplan, etc.

My "whiteboard" was like a laminated piece of graph paper that came with a couple dry-erase markers. Not the easiest thing to use, although I did use it several times to sketch graphs, make lists, etc.

6. Vincristine

7+ Year Member

I got the same thing. I didn't have a problem using it, though. You aren't expected, rather, aren't allowed to erase it, so you get two double-sided, and just bring them out and exchange them at any point. I usually took any used ones I out at my break. Like antoher poster said, I made notes for the stats questions, but not a whole lot else besides writing "ABCED" and crossing out the answers I had excluded -- I do/did that alot. I'm definitely a scrap-paper person, too, so I think you'll do fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...