Whitening Teeth for Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cellbio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone trying to whiten your teeth before the interviews?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Do or do not. there is no try.

Members don't see this ad :)
really? is this a real question? dental students teeth are not exactly perfect. Interviewers will not make a judgement based upon the students current color of teeth. many students drink cokes, red bulls, some even smoke... here in kentucky, at least, there are a lot of people addicted to diet mountain dew. Liquid paper white is not a natural color for teeth and its not necessary to whiten before an interview. just keep good oral hygiene for now.

if anyone things looks do not matter during an interview you are deluded :)

Nobody said that overall apperance and grooming do not matter. There is no requirement that a successful applicant must have perfect teeth. You do realize there are many dental students whom are patients to their peers while in school...

It would be far wiser to focus mostly on the true factors that will be weighed during your interview. Also, speaking from first-hand experience...interviewees are, in most cases, quite above average in terms of outside appearance on the day of the interview. :)

Last edited:

It would be far wiser to focus mostly on the true factors that will be weighed during your interview. Also, speaking from first-hand experience...interviewees are, in most cases, quite above average in terms of outside appearance on the day of the interview. :)

Maybe there should be a study on this. ;)

As far as the whitening goes, if you want to, do it. But do it as if it wouldn't make a difference in your application, because it's probably not going to.

sorry for upsetting some of you! it was meant to be a fun light post amidst all the craziness, ill remember next time not to upset the hypersensitive fugly people on SDN :)

sorry for upsetting some of you! it was meant to be a fun light post amidst all the craziness, ill remember next time not to upset the hypersensitive fugly people on SDN :)

haha, dont worry... nobody here is really upset.
if you try doing a search, there was a post about the same topic last month or so... and thaaat got a lil rowdy :\

Some of the things you guys make threads about are very amusing :D

1. You didn't upset me.
2. I am always upset, and I think it'll be this way until I get in dental school. :smuggrin:

I normally whiten my teeth, but I will admit I did a touch up a week before the interview :) Not that I think that it increased my chances of being admitted by even 0.001%...