whitening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darius99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have any of you found a whitening product that you were really happy with? i'm interested in either in-office or take-home, but without light activation. gracias

Members don't see this ad.

Look into Ultradent's Opalescence. Their in-office product also does not require light activation. They now have 35% available in their take-home. The bleach is sticky which keeps it on the tooth surface, unlike others that just run off the tooth.

i've used crest professional strength white strips.. works wonders!!!all my classmates who used it were all satisfied. very little sensitivity if any at all and very minimal gum irritation. downside is it took a month to work.. but afterwards everyone is like WOW! i also tried opalescence... i did not like it... lots of sensitivity and gum irritation! I recommend Crest Professional strength white strips to everyone who asks that very same question.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've used crest professional strength white strips...

You can't beat this for the money and convenience of not having to bother with a damn dentist. If you want your teeth toilet-bowl-white then it won't get you there. But if you want just a few shades whiter it will do wonders.

Look into Ultradent's Opalescence. Their in-office product also does not require light activation. They now have 35% available in their take-home. The bleach is sticky which keeps it on the tooth surface, unlike others that just run off the tooth.

:thumbup:

They also have other strengths 10, 15, 20, so it's easy to find a strength for patients that have sensitivity issues. We did the Zoom when it first came out, a lot of sensitivity issues, a lot of chairside time, plus they recommended trays for at home use after the intial light activated visit anyway. They did offer a new light system that offered to reduce sensitivity, but we had enough by then. Presently, we do not offer chairside bleaching anymore, strictly take home trays, but it's comforting for the patient to know, if the strength they are using is little irritating that we can offer them something else or alter their wear schedule to reduce sensitivity. Plus, the patient has control over how light they want to get. When the patient needs a touch up, they already have their trays ready. Very little chairside time, less overhead, less sensitivity, all good.

yea the office i work at also tried Zoom when it came out, with similar results. that's why i'm not interested in light-activated bleaching. right now we use tres white, which is 9% HP i think... it worked for me a little bit but i wanted to try something stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.