who grades the 2CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr McSteamy

sh*tting in your backyard
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
specifically, who grades the physical exam portion?

is there a doctor watching you?

can you just wing it for the PE and do it really quick n sloppy?

Members don't see this ad.

specifically, who grades the physical exam portion?

is there a doctor watching you?

can you just wing it for the PE and do it really quick n sloppy?

The standardized patient has a checklist that they fill out after you leave the room. Leave out enough tests and you have the chance of failing that portion.

Seriously though, just wash your hands and give the patient the sheet, introduce yourself with a handshake, and keep them covered. That is pretty much all it takes. You aren't doing a MMSE or a full neuro exam.

The standardized patient has a checklist that they fill out after you leave the room. Leave out enough tests and you have the chance of failing that portion.

Seriously though, just wash your hands and give the patient the sheet, introduce yourself with a handshake, and keep them covered. That is pretty much all it takes. You aren't doing a MMSE or a full neuro exam.

I took my step-2cs exam recently.After reading your post ,I thought that I should ask you a question about the fact that in my step-2cs exam I did everything very confidently,but i think i did not shake hands with many patients while introducing.
This happened because I used to write diff. dx outside the patient rooms,so by the time i was in the rooms ,the pen with which i wrote would be in my right hand.This led to a some hinderance in shaking hands,as you know.But, otherwise,I introduced in a very nice way.
Also, I had heard that patients do not like to shake hands because one has not yet washed them.

Please explain how is this going to affect my overall result ,considering that I am very satisfied by my all other performance in the exam?

Thanks in advance.