Who had an interview with western university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental 2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with them next week. I am just wondering how was the interview. Did they ask hard questions?? I think I have read from somewhere said that interviewers asked really hard questions. If the questions were hard, what kind questions were they??

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

what day are you going to be there?

I had an interview there on the 4th. The questions are more thought provoking than most but do not be worried. Just take time to think of your response and answer to the best of your abilities. Dr. Trombly and Dr. Andrews interviewed me and they were very personal and conversational. I don't think its fair to tell you what the questions are but they make you feel very comfortable : )

Members don't see this ad :)
I went recently, questions were very easy and straightforward... you know the normal ones you expect:
1. Why dentistry?
2. Why western?
3. Tell me about your EC's... ect ect...

The deadline is Dec. 1st, right? How are you guys getting interviews now?

EDIT: oooh, this is the American Western U. nvm. :smack:

Last edited:
They asked me favorite question out of all the interviews i've gone to.... "what do you think defines social responsibility and how would you apply that to dentistry?" or something along those lines... :) but honestly the questions are really fun to answer and i think by answering them they get to kno you alot better. the questions, i felt, were more personal and more about getting to kno you versus knowing how to act...

but yea... gl with your interview!:thumbup:

They asked me favorite question out of all the interviews i've gone to.... "what do you think defines social responsibility and how would you apply that to dentistry?" or something along those lines... :) but honestly the questions are really fun to answer and i think by answering them they get to kno you alot better. the questions, i felt, were more personal and more about getting to kno you versus knowing how to act...

Now, you scared me because I have never had that kind of question like " what do you think defines social responsibility". I had four interviews so far but all of schools did not ask me that kind of question. It was just conversation. Anyways, Thank you so much

hey dental 2009,

search my posts b/c i asked some q before i interview there, and people gave me their thoughts and experiences. So, my experience was really relax. But, the questions are very different from what you expect in some way. they asked why dent., why western, why not other schools, how dentist can contribute to humanity, etc.

good luck

haha... you made me nervous before my interview when you told me you got this question. To the OP, don't freak out too much I didn't get anything out of the norm... and if you can't help it, just google social responsibility (I did... you can find how many people define this)

hey dental 2009,

search my posts b/c i asked some q before i interview there, and people gave me their thoughts and experiences. So, my experience was really relax. But, the questions are very different from what you expect in some way. they asked why dent., why western, why not other schools, how dentist can contribute to humanity, etc.

good luck

Most schools I have interviewed at stressed the idea of professionalism in some manner. ASDOH, Western and Indiana seemed very concerned with it and they certainly asked questions that related directly to one of the multifaceted aspects of professionalism. They asked me about my "hero" at Midwestern but the questions leading up to that question helped me answer more fluidly.

Does anyone know for sure the method of contacting admitted students on Dec 1st for Western? They said they were planning on mail (of the snail variety) but that they were "considering phone calls" I was going to contact them at the beginning of next week if noone could say for sure.

For those of you that got interviews can you please tell me your stats?

I have 3.4 science
21 AA
21 TS
22 Bio
22 Gchem
21 Ochem
20 RC
18 QR
21 PAT

over 300 hours of shadowing
President of my fraternity
volunteer at loma linda childrens hospital
My application has been in commitee for over a month and i havent recived any notice for an interview they just told me that my application looked promising?

For those of you that got interviews can you please tell me your stats?

I have 3.4 science
21 AA
21 TS
22 Bio
22 Gchem
21 Ochem
20 RC
18 QR
21 PAT

over 300 hours of shadowing
President of my fraternity
volunteer at loma linda childrens hospital
My application has been in commitee for over a month and i havent recived any notice for an interview they just told me that my application looked promising?

If you want a good idea of what stats people have that interviewed I suggest checking Pre-dents.com because it will give you a general idea. You have good enough stats to get an interview but granting an interview is an arbitrary process with many curves and imperfections and sometimes hidden favoritisim. Western did say that they were going to be conducting rolling interviews so that should mean that they will interview more applicants after Dec 1st. Hope that helps.

haha... you made me nervous before my interview when you told me you got this question. To the OP, don't freak out too much I didn't get anything out of the norm... and if you can't help it, just google social responsibility (I did... you can find how many people define this)

The whole point is to psyche you out cuz u kno i'm a horrible person like that. haha. ;) but hey... at least i was honest n shared. wat would u do without me?