WHO Hemepath book

Started by pathmark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pathmark

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, does anyone know anywhere that's still selling the WHO hemepath book "Pathology and Genetics: Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues" or does anyone have a copy they want to sell? It's out of print now and the WHO is only selling an online version where you have to pay yearly subscription fee. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any information. Thanks!
 
Dont know. I've tried looking on Amazon and Ebay, but can't find it. Hopefully they will be coming out with a new volume soon. I think the last one was published in 2001.
 
Hi, does anyone know anywhere that's still selling the WHO hemepath book "Pathology and Genetics: Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues" or does anyone have a copy they want to sell? It's out of print now and the WHO is only selling an online version where you have to pay yearly subscription fee. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any information. Thanks!

Hmm, I'm not sure. Our student bookstore was still selling copies the last time I checked. However, I know our bookstore manager buys up as many blue books as possible when they are released.

If you can't find a hard copy, I have heard rumors that a new Heme book is on the way (the new CNS book was just released), but I haven't heard a timeline.

All that being said, if there is one blue book that is absolutely essential, it is definitely the heme book. If an online subscription is your only way to get access, than I would strongly consider it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont know. I've tried looking on Amazon and Ebay, but can't find it. Hopefully they will be coming out with a new volume soon. I think the last one was published in 2001.

i've been told by our heme folks here that a new WHO heme is on the way...sorry, no exact date, but likely early 2008.