Who is applying for AAPIC internships? If so, how's it going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSYPAQ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the waiting process. I've heard from 5 out of 11 sites. I have 3 interviews and 2 rejections. Interestingly, the 3 interviews were from internships that I though I would have a harder time getting into and the 2 rejections were from sites that were near the bottom of my list :laugh:. Gotta love the "sure things." I should be hearing more by next Wed.

edit:
Just picked up another interview. Now I'm up to 4 interviews and 2 rejections.

Members don't see this ad.

What programs are you applying for? I'll be going down this road in one or two years .....

lazure said:
What programs are you applying for? I'll be going down this road in one or two years .....
Thanks for the question. But, I'd rather not disclose the specific sites that I have applied to. However, they are sites with a reserach minor or major, and half are "Top Tier" sites that are well known and respected in the research community. I also applied to a fair amount of VAs which tend to be less research focused but offer good training and are better with the number of hours worked per day.

I'd recommend checking out www.appic.org and purchasing a book from APA on the interview process for more infomration.