Who is applying to medical schools in america? 2007!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadHopsMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where are all the canadians applying too??

Members don't see this ad.

sonyvaio2700 said:
where are all the canadians applying too??

applying for dental school in a few years, when i'm your age
i have no clue how i'll pay for it yet

mspaic said:
applying for dental school in a few years, when i'm your age
i have no clue how i'll pay for it yet

why not in canada?

Members don't see this ad :)
UBC
Alberta
Calgary
Manitoba
McMaster
Ottawa
Queen's
Toronto

akinf said:
UBC
Alberta
Calgary
Manitoba
McMaster
Ottawa
Queen's
Toronto

I am thinking about applying to UBC. Do you know how the process works there?

Is it just submit a P.S, reference (via interfolio) and thats it? or do they have a manditory reference form (annoying!) and submission to a OSMAS like ontario schools?

sonyvaio2700 said:

Is it just submit a P.S, reference (via interfolio) and thats it? or do they have a manditory reference form (annoying!) and submission to a OSMAS like ontario schools?

UBC has an online application similar to OMSAS. Their deadline is Sept 7 so if you are planning on applying you'd better get a move on.
http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/md_programs/md_ugrad/MD_Undergraduate_Admissions.htm

UBC and UW! :)

sonyvaio2700 said:

Yea, they are due pretty soon. Also, I'd start on your activity sketch asap...I'm finding that to be sort of a bitch to do.

sonyvaio2700 said:
why not in canada?

because my gpa isnt that high now

even if i have two very good years, i'll finish with 3.7 or so , which isnt high enough for canada

i also think i'll be writing the american dat, since i think it's more straightforward