Who is Dr. Toothache?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMD1010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this site for a while and I have to ask: Who is Dr. Toothache?

At times he/she is this incredibly helpful producer of data? (many thanks for that)

At other times, kind of a rude know-it-all.

Claims to be a dentist, yet spends all day on SDN....do you actually practice dentistry?

Oh, often he/she is really funny...comments crack me up.

So who is Dr. Toothache? And should this forum be so reliant on this one perspective? Please don't take this as an attack but as pre-dental student I find your existance can be confusing.

Members don't see this ad.

the-coon-425x312.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is CMD1010?

Seriously? It's an internet forum. How is anyone supposed to answer this question? Does doc toothache need to post his/her life history for you people?

BTW, this question has already been asked and you, my friend, apparently, did not use the search function.

Reactions: 1 user
Who is CMD1010?

That's fair. Who is anybody on a forum? My name is Chris, I'm a pre-dental student. Point taken.

Seriously? It's an internet forum. How is anyone supposed to answer this question?

Easy....by answering the question

Does doc toothache need to post his/her life history for you people?

No, nobody needs to post a life history....but if someone is going to be this omnipresent, authoritative, and knowledgeable on every subject that comes up...I personally would like to know the credentials. I'm sure they're very valid but I'm not as quick to blindly worship and follow as others on these forums.

BTW, this question has already been asked and you, my friend, apparently, did not use the search function.

Where is this search function I keep hearing about

By the way for the record....I like Dr. Toothache's comments and style....I was just opening up a discussion. It seems weird to me that a practicing dentist is constantly answering every question throughout the day...every day.....am I really the first person to think this?

By the way for the record....I like Dr. Toothache's comments and style....I was just opening up a discussion. It seems weird to me that a practicing dentist is constantly answering every question throughout the day...every day.....am I really the first person to think this?

The search function is on the bottom of the page. Where it says find it. I honestly rarely use it but seems to work for most people.

im with you!

haha this thread can be interesting..

im with you!

haha this thread can be interesting..

Hey I noticed that too! lol I was like man, he must love to make time for us pre-dental folks. lol That is so nice of him. Maybe he doesn't work many hours? :confused: lol

Hey I noticed that too! lol I was like man, he must love to make time for us pre-dental folks. lol That is so nice of him. Maybe he doesn't work many hours? :confused: lol

One reason I'm choosing dentistry is the good hours it offers.

Maybe a retired dentist who enjoys statistics????? Everyone has their hobbies!

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter who he is, I'm sure he's enjoying this topic very much.

ya as much as hes here you know hes clickign refresh every few hours.

but seriously the guy provides alot of helpful information on these boards. Great contributor.

C'mon Dr. Toothache, please tell us about yourself!

....Sound like an interview question....:D

Beneath the mask there is more than flesh. Beneath the mask there is an idea.

There is in fact another thread posing this question entitled, "who is doc toothache?" He failed to make an appearance in that threas as well. Seriously Doc, you show up in every other post except the one that is about you..? Who are you, Batman?

No, nobody needs to post a life history....but if someone is going to be this omnipresent, authoritative, and knowledgeable on every subject that comes up...I personally would like to know the credentials. I'm sure they're very valid but I'm not as quick to blindly worship and follow as others on these forums.

You would be entitled to know the credentials provided you were paying for the consultant services. The comments on the forum are worth as much as the investment made to obtain them.

You would be entitled to know the credentials provided you were payingfor the consultant services. The comments on the forum are worth as much as the investment made to obtain them.

Does this mean that your advice is worthless? Sounds that way to me....I'm disappointed I was leaning toward being Dr. Toothache superfan.

lol who cares who he/she is?

i don't go around trying to figure who you guys are.

Look through the post history, cross reference with your own knowledge/others' postings, infer what you will.

A good "credential" check is to look at discussions with other self-proclaimed professionals.

I have faith in you. You can decide the quality of a source!

That's fair Doc. Thank you for all your stats it's much appreciated, I (and others) were just hoping to have a little more foundation to base your guidance on since you give out so much advice and are very authoritative about it. If you notice on forums when people give advice the often qualify it with experience in that area. But I agree it's anyone's call if they want to share experience on a forum...it's just a forum after all. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.