who is going to UVM? (and why)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bkiddoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i really like this school and its at the top of my list (this upcoming app cycle)... if youre going, could you please say why you liked it and/or picked it over other schools?

others, please dont act on your urge to say why its bad... thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

well, i hafta say, from the moment i
stepped onto that campus, and it was pourrin rain mind u,
i loved it. I didn't know a think bout this school till i basically
interviewed and accepted me.
But all the people I met there seemed genuinely friendly and
laid back as hell! Granted, I know the school isn't perfect,
but I loved the atmosphere, the small class setting, and really
really liked their new integrated curriculum. It seems
like the ideal setting to learn in.
I got a great vibe from that place. I"m actually a very
city person, but UVM has a charm of its own. I"m still waiting to hearfrom UMASS and TUFTS, but UVM won me right away, so I'd have no qualms of goin to Burlington at all!
Also , i got in contact w/ some current UVM med studs there
to get their take on the place, and they had wonderful things to say. But again, this is just my take on the place.

well im not going...only cause i got in my state....

but i have nothing but awesome things to say about uvm.
you can search up some of the things ive said about uvm and read it there.

but a quick recap.
the students there are second to none in their friendliness, humor, and support.

they have an awesome faculty some of which are highly regarded in their fields. they are also very supportive of you if you come to them for advice on a personal project that you would like to pursue.

their new curriculum VIC allows you to finish the basic sciences in 1.5 years...although because it is impacted, it is very tough.

early patient experiences with the clinics they have around burlington.

they are doing some construction on the school right now and when it gets finished its going to look absolutely amazing.

snowboarding is prime. and the area is beautiful.

the administration is supportive of the students and listens to their suggestions and if you have some unexpected financial problems their financial aid office has been one of the most helpful places to turn to.

and excellent maple syrup for your morning pancakes. who can beat that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jlee9531
well im not going...only cause i got in my state....

but i have nothing but awesome things to say about uvm.
you can search up some of the things ive said about uvm and read it there.

but a quick recap.
the students there are second to none in their friendliness, humor, and support.

they have an awesome faculty some of which are highly regarded in their fields. they are also very supportive of you if you come to them for advice on a personal project that you would like to pursue.

their new curriculum VIC allows you to finish the basic sciences in 1.5 years...although because it is impacted, it is very tough.

early patient experiences with the clinics they have around burlington.

they are doing some construction on the school right now and when it gets finished its going to look absolutely amazing.

snowboarding is prime. and the area is beautiful.

the administration is supportive of the students and listens to their suggestions and if you have some unexpected financial problems their financial aid office has been one of the most helpful places to turn to.

and excellent maple syrup for your morning pancakes. who can beat that?

Add to this:

Highest concentration of white people in any area outside of North Dakota. :laugh:

CCW

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
Add to this:

Highest concentration of white people in any area outside of North Dakota. :laugh:

CCW

:laugh:

actually tho...the state maybe somewhat like that...but the med school is actually very diverse. very pleased to see the students from all different cultures. :thumbup: