Who is your role model?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loyoladentalman15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this question will be asked in an interview but just out of curiosity who do you look up to?

Personally, I don't really have anyone but people who are generally better than me regarding academics, athletics, etc are my role models since I strive for success like them. Cheesy but whatever lol.
If an adcom asked me that question could I say superheroes? I mean, they do have morals too haha

Members don't see this ad.

If an adcom asked me that question could I say superheroes? I mean, they do have morals too haha

If your going to choose this route, I'd pick one superhero and talk about the specific qualities which makes that particular superhero endearing to you. If you have a smooth segway and even acknowledge that it's a bit corny then you'll be totally fine. Ultimate thing about interviews is being true to yourself.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If your going to choose this route, I'd pick one superhero and talk about the specific qualities which makes that particular superhero endearing to you. If you have a smooth segway and even acknowledge that it's a bit corny then you'll be totally fine. Ultimate thing about interviews is being true to yourself.

Is this even an acceptable answer though? I guess since the interview is about you it couldn't hurt right? If I were an adcom, I would def like the applicant that chose a superhero or someone unique rather than say, the first dentist in America or something. I think this would show that the applicant has other interests besides studying. lol but what do I know...

Definitely my older brother since he is a dentist and was genuinely the reason why I decided to make the career change.

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reactions: 1 user
My mother. She is a first generation college graduate in our family. Went on to become an attorney. She has always pushed me to be my best (not in an aggressive way, but a supportive have-confidence-in-yourself way). She is the reason I have stayed with dentistry. For awhile, I accepted that I screwed up my college career. I gave up. I thought I could just be a stay at home wife or maybe become a dental hygienist. She kept telling me that I was capable of so much more and what a waste it would be if I didn't reach my potential. Well, here I am. Ill be applying in 2 years for the Fall 2018 term. :D

Reactions: 4 users
Frank Underwood and Sterling Archer

Batman. enough said.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call me crazy but if I was an interviewer and had someone say a superhero was their role model it would scream immaturity to me. Just like the guy that still wears batman shirts or Spider-Man shirts despite being in their 20s, superheroes may seem cool but they are for entertainment purposes only. There are many PEOPLE who are true heroes i.e. Nelson Mandela, Rosa Parks, Pat Tillman just to name a few

Hm... I guess myself because if I don't like myself, I can work hard to change it; and if I do like myself, I can appreciate it. Other role models are not chosen for the same reasons. lol

Call me crazy but if I was an interviewer and had someone say a superhero was their role model it would scream immaturity to me. Just like the guy that still wears batman shirts or Spider-Man shirts despite being in their 20s, superheroes may seem cool but they are for entertainment purposes only. There are many PEOPLE who are true heroes i.e. Nelson Mandela, Rosa Parks, Pat Tillman just to name a few

I grew up watching Batman and was one of the reasons I learned English since it was my 2nd language. There are many morals to superheroes that can't be ignored. Determination, standing up for what is right,etc. Besides the superpowers, these are values necessary in today's life.

Wall-e

The Batman v Superman comic con trailer. *drools*
The suicide squad reveal trailer was better than the latest batman superman trailer. The previous BvS trailer was better, but man that joker is gonna be sick....
Im not gonna kill ya, IM just gonna hurt ya real real bad @tooth knockn :diebanana:

The suicide squad reveal trailer was better than the latest batman superman trailer. The previous BvS trailer was better, but man that joker is gonna be sick....
Im not gonna kill ya, IM just gonna hurt ya real real bad @tooth knockn :diebanana:

I guess I have been looking forward to a movie like this since I was like 4 so it was better for me lol. Plus it's a setup for the justice League! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it's possible under any circumstances to pull off answering "myself"?

Do you think it's possible under any circumstances to pull off answering "myself"?
Only if you were able to focus in one on specific part of yourself... something you once did, some standard you set for yourself that your normal everyday self tries to live up to.

But I wouldn't do it.

Two people:
-My mom, who has been the foundation of this family, and has done everything possible to help me succeed; without her, I would not be where I am today
-My grandfather, who unfortunately passed away from lung cancer when I was 14. Despite this, his powerful values are instilled in me daily, and I hope to one day become a great of a person as he is.

Both of them are what keep me striving towards my goals each day :)

We should all give some shout outs to:
Pierre Fauchard

With this Dental O.G. We would probably not be here...

I guess I have been looking forward to a movie like this since I was like 4 so it was better for me lol. Plus it's a setup for the justice League! :)
I have been looking forward to it to, I just think the suicide squad trailer looks better than the latest batman v superman trailer. Yea justice league comes out probably when I get out of dental school lol.

I have been looking forward to it to, I just think the suicide squad trailer looks better than the latest batman v superman trailer. Yea justice league comes out probably when I get out of dental school lol.

I gotcha man lol.
Haha is it coming in 2017? Or 2019?

I gotcha man lol.
Haha is it coming in 2017? Or 2019?
it says JL part 1 comes out 2017, although I was exaggerating. Maybe part will come out when I get outta dental school lol

Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny.
9c835e389b5961f268c47c1a8e3e022e5d3ecb30b58c2173970e404700b62517.jpg

Isn't he the dental assistant in Horrible Bosses that feels like he is sexually harassed by his boss, Jennifer Aniston? lolol

it says JL part 1 comes out 2017, although I was exaggerating. Maybe part will come out when I get outta dental school lol

I just realized your location is Gotham in your profile. Nice.

Andrea Tooley. Love that girl!