Who left a great compensation/career for a carib. school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who left a career with a great compensation or a position of great promise to give it all up and end up in debt and chance it with a carib school to become a doctor? For those that did, what are your overall stats, age, career, undergrad degree, previous career, previous compensation, do you have a family, what you invested or lost for med school?, Age? , etc....
 
Someone who I had Genetics with in undergrad, he was a chiropractor--had his own practice with a handful of people working under him...great life basically...was in his late 30s or early 40s (didn't really ask his age)...sold his practice and wants to go to med school in carib. I know it seems foolish, but I would rather do that and struggle in life and get rewarded then just sit around having a boring job with lots of money.
 
Someone who I had Genetics with in undergrad, he was a chiropractor--had his own practice with a handful of people working under him...great life basically...was in his late 30s or early 40s (didn't really ask his age)...sold his practice and wants to go to med school in carib. I know it seems foolish, but I would rather do that and struggle in life and get rewarded then just sit around having a boring job with lots of money.

YOU WOULD RATHER DO WHAT GO BACK TO SCHOOL OR WORK AS A CHIRO?
DID THE GUY EVER GO TO MED SCHOOL?
 
Follow your heart. If you love medicine, it is a no brainer. Best wishes!🙂