Who posts their scores here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnmember

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like everyone in this forum has a >20 (including me) because that's what gets posted here and the avg for most schools is only like 18-19. I for one would not have posted my scores if i scored average. So is it safe to say that only the people who do score high actually post their scores and the more average test takers stay quiet? Are people posting their high scores to receive assurance or gratification? And are the people who score low hesitant to post their scores because of criticism? Answer and find out.

Members don't see this ad.

sdnmember said:
It seems like everyone in this forum has a >20 (including me) because that's what gets posted here and the avg for most schools is only like 18-19. I for one would not have posted my scores if i scored average. So is it safe to say that only the people who do score high actually post their scores and the more average test takers stay quiet? Are people posting their high scores to receive assurance or gratification? And are the people who score low hesitant to post their scores because of criticism? Answer and find out.

I used to have mine in my sig. 19/19/16 (TS/AA/PAT) I wasn't ashamed of having an average score. I barely studied, so I deserved the score I got. ;)

I got decent scores, but I don't want to post them because it may make the people that score lower feel bad.
Furthermore, why post scores? To show off? To do what?

What the heck are all of you talking about. Nobody cares if you scored a high DAT. All that matters is that you got into D school. I got an 18AA, 19TS, 17 PAT. Proud of it. I studied my ace off, I also got into the school I wanted to go to.
UNLV 2009!

Members don't see this ad :)
jk5177 said:
I got decent scores, but I don't want to post them because it may make the people that score lower feel bad.
Furthermore, why post scores? To show off? To do what?

showing high dat scores can be used as motivation for others. i had a dirt low gpa but had a high dat and posted both of them. i think there are sdn members who have poor academic records who would find it helpful that others in a similar situation were able to study and succeed in the dat. it also goes to show that even w/ a low gpa you can get into d-school w/o going thru a ms program first by doing well on the dat. just my 2 cents.

bouncy_ball said:
showing high dat scores can be used as motivation for others. i had a dirt low gpa but had a high dat and posted both of them. i think there are sdn members who have poor academic records who would find it helpful that others in a similar situation were able to study and succeed in the dat. it also goes to show that even w/ a low gpa you can get into d-school w/o going thru a ms program first by doing well on the dat. just my 2 cents.

good point... I have so-so gpa... my dat was 21/21/15 and i APPLIED LATE..

the high dat saved me or I would be looking at re-applying :(
but the low pat didnt hurt me... although some schools asked :eek:

no matter what your dat score is... APPLY EARLY :oops: :idea:
also, i did not know you could file AADSAS file even if you havent written the Dats....

I kind of like reading people's scores and acceptances because it gives me an idea of where I stand. Maybe some people try to show off their scores, I don't know their intentions, but I think it's beneficial to people who plan on/are applying to dental school.

Aero047 said:
I kind of like reading people's scores and acceptances because it gives me an idea of where I stand. Maybe some people try to show off their scores, I don't know their intentions, but I think it's beneficial to people who plan on/are applying to dental school.

i think it is a good resource -- let's us know where we stand. unfortunately, a lot of them are probably bogus.