Would you post your DAT scores if they were low?

  • I did, will, or would post my scores if they were high.

    Votes: 20 52.6%
  • I did not, will not, would not post my scores if they were low.

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I am too lazy either way.

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Other.

    Votes: 6 15.8%

  • Total voters
    38

sdnmember

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2003
84
0
Visit site
Status
It seems like everyone in this forum has a >20 (including me) because that's what gets posted here and the avg for most schools is only like 18-19. I for one would not have posted my scores if i scored average. So is it safe to say that only the people who do score high actually post their scores and the more average test takers stay quiet? Are people posting their high scores to receive assurance or gratification? And are the people who score low hesitant to post their scores because of criticism? Answer and find out.
 

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
392
0
36
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
sdnmember said:
It seems like everyone in this forum has a >20 (including me) because that's what gets posted here and the avg for most schools is only like 18-19. I for one would not have posted my scores if i scored average. So is it safe to say that only the people who do score high actually post their scores and the more average test takers stay quiet? Are people posting their high scores to receive assurance or gratification? And are the people who score low hesitant to post their scores because of criticism? Answer and find out.
I used to have mine in my sig. 19/19/16 (TS/AA/PAT) I wasn't ashamed of having an average score. I barely studied, so I deserved the score I got. ;)
 

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
1,562
4
Oregon
Status
Dentist
I got decent scores, but I don't want to post them because it may make the people that score lower feel bad.
Furthermore, why post scores? To show off? To do what?
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
409
0
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
What the heck are all of you talking about. Nobody cares if you scored a high DAT. All that matters is that you got into D school. I got an 18AA, 19TS, 17 PAT. Proud of it. I studied my ace off, I also got into the school I wanted to go to.
UNLV 2009!
 

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
1,562
4
Oregon
Status
Dentist
Dirtie:

Now that's what I called being practical and level-headed!
 

bouncy_ball

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
258
0
Status
jk5177 said:
I got decent scores, but I don't want to post them because it may make the people that score lower feel bad.
Furthermore, why post scores? To show off? To do what?
showing high dat scores can be used as motivation for others. i had a dirt low gpa but had a high dat and posted both of them. i think there are sdn members who have poor academic records who would find it helpful that others in a similar situation were able to study and succeed in the dat. it also goes to show that even w/ a low gpa you can get into d-school w/o going thru a ms program first by doing well on the dat. just my 2 cents.
 

dentist_to_be?

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
281
1
Status
Dentist
bouncy_ball said:
showing high dat scores can be used as motivation for others. i had a dirt low gpa but had a high dat and posted both of them. i think there are sdn members who have poor academic records who would find it helpful that others in a similar situation were able to study and succeed in the dat. it also goes to show that even w/ a low gpa you can get into d-school w/o going thru a ms program first by doing well on the dat. just my 2 cents.
good point... I have so-so gpa... my dat was 21/21/15 and i APPLIED LATE..

the high dat saved me or I would be looking at re-applying :(
but the low pat didnt hurt me... although some schools asked :eek:


no matter what your dat score is... APPLY EARLY :oops: :idea:
also, i did not know you could file AADSAS file even if you havent written the Dats....
 
L

lunguv

Ya...I am so sick of people posting their scores and GPA...Gahhhd who cares about them...ya know?! :rolleyes:
 

Aero047

Another among the masses
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
174
0
Somewhere on earth
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I kind of like reading people's scores and acceptances because it gives me an idea of where I stand. Maybe some people try to show off their scores, I don't know their intentions, but I think it's beneficial to people who plan on/are applying to dental school.
 

organichemistry

*********
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
509
0
34
Birmingham/Auburn, AL
Status
Pre-Dental
Aero047 said:
I kind of like reading people's scores and acceptances because it gives me an idea of where I stand. Maybe some people try to show off their scores, I don't know their intentions, but I think it's beneficial to people who plan on/are applying to dental school.


i think it is a good resource -- let's us know where we stand. unfortunately, a lot of them are probably bogus.