Who to research before a phd interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up but they did not tell me who would be interviewing me. They also did not ask me to choose a mentor on my application but I mentioned one in my statement of purpose. Should I just research that one mentor? Is there anybody else I should research?
 
I would suggest looking at all of the program-specific faculty and finding a couple of things about each that interests you, but spending a majority of your time researching the one you are most interested in. It's always good to have backups in case faculty leave, go on sabbatical, decide not to be taking a student for that year, or feel they would work better with another applicant.