Who to write to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Wednesday, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So I'm writing a letter to my schools to update my file and wondering who I should address it to (I mean the salutation)? Admissions committee or a specific person at each school? And then who? The head of the committee? Someone in the office? This seems so silly, but I thought one of you might know. You guys have answers for everything.

And should I send this letter to the two schools that haven't sent me secondaries yet? (One is Stanford and I don't think they even know I exist yet. Just got verified.)

Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

ONLY send that sort of information to schools who have told you that they want it. Many will get annoyed with extra unsolicited mailings.

4. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think, since it sounds like just a paperwork thing that will probably be handled by a clerical type person, and that the actual Adcom probably won't be too concerned about, you could probably be just fine with a "To whom it may concern" and send the letter to the Admissions office.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, being the lazy person I am, I would address it to the Admissions Committee. Eliminates a lot of work trying to ferret out the names of the proper people to send to at each school. I suppose you might compromise and send it to individuals at your top choices and to the committe at your other schools.