Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Who wants some of this...

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Roxicet, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Roxicet

Roxicet warning: I'm addictive!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    ..."karma." :D

I just noticed the new karma feature of the forums. On the lower left corner of posts, there's a little scale that you can click on to approve or disapprove of posts, and it adds to someone's "reputation."

I will definitely be adding "good karma" to everyone that's ever helped me, and to new members that are really helpful to others. :love: Some of the people here have been around since the beginning of the pharm forum, and even though they're really busy, they still come back to help. But with this new system, you wouldn't really know that unless we show our appreciation by taking a few seconds to say "thanks." :thumbup:

2. Glycerin

Glycerin Commercially Unavailable
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    And if you hold your cursor over the green karma button, it says, "Karmapatrol is on the distinguished road." heh heh ;)

3. 28657

28657 Smile like you mean it
    10+ Year Member

Hey Karmapatrol! I was wondering when you were going to notice the karma feature. When I first saw it I thought "Why is Karmapatrol's name all over everything?!"

4. LVPharm

LVPharm SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Yeah, I started giving out "karma" the other day to the frequent quality contributors (that's the keyword: contributors ;) ) of this forum. I think everyone starts off with 10 points already. You can see your status by clicking your own "add karma" icon, as well as the last comment made for the karma given to you for that post. (Thanks Rox ;) ) Or at the bottom of your "User CP" screen.

If anyone begs me for "karma", they'll get the opposite! :smuggrin:
    You must earn it through great posts! :thumbup:

5. LVPharm

LVPharm SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
  6. Roxicet

Roxicet warning: I'm addictive!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I used up all my karma for today! :p I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give it to everyone that hasn't gotten any from me yet. Wait, that doesn't sound right, does it!? :laugh:

Amanda: I'm taking over! :smuggrin:

Actually my screen name isn't supposed to insinuate that "I" am the karmapatroL. It was just a little inside joke I had with myself (yes, I talk to myself :D ), about my life sucking so much that I must have been a very bad person in my past life and the karma police has been after me, so I better be nice. But things are looking up for me, so I must have been behaving recently. :cool: