Who will be taking the DAT in AUG ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AshDDS2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who will be taking the DAT in AUG. of 04 ?

AshDDS2B

LAST WEEK OF AUG.

Members don't see this ad.

Whats up,

I'll also be taking the DAT in the last week of August, right before my school starts again.

Have you guys already submitted AADSAS applications already? Good luck, and I will be joining you guys in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lilith said:
Have you guys already submitted AADSAS applications already? Good luck, and I will be joining you guys in August.

Yes, I submitted my AADSAS on June 2nd. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

My Kaplan prep course ends on Aug 26 so I will be taking the DAT between the 27th of Aug. and the 3rd of Sept. I submitted my AADSAS application on May 28th with all LOR's and transcripts. The only thing the schools I have applied to are waiting for to complete my application packet is my DAT scores.

yep plan on taking it aug 23, also plan on sending my ap in july. what do you guys think of dat scores lagging a month????

I see you guys are taking the DAT after you applied. I will be applying next year, may 2005, is it weird for me to take the DAT this august?

And should I request that my DAT scores be sent to schools I'm interested in even though they won't be getting my application until a year later?

I'm applying for 2005 and I turned in my AADSAS app two weeks ago. I'm thinking of taking the DAT no later than the second week of August.

im applying at the end of august too, maybe even midseptember...not sure yet...but yeah, i already submitted my app on june 5th..

best of luck to everyone...

george

im taking it in aug as well (check sig) i haven't started the app process yet..i only just began shadowing and i still need to get LORs..but in order to do that i want to do more shadowing and take the dat to show that i am indeed committed so the LORs will be good..but it's still probably a good idea for me to start my application now isn't it?

MitchSE-R said:
im taking it in aug as well (check sig) i haven't started the app process yet..i only just began shadowing and i still need to get LORs..but in order to do that i want to do more shadowing and take the dat to show that i am indeed committed so the LORs will be good..but it's still probably a good idea for me to start my application now isn't it?

I am in the same situation as you. I am trying to do a little bit more shadowing. I still need to get my LORs, and start my application. I am getting nervous now.

Lilith said:
I am in the same situation as you. I am trying to do a little bit more shadowing. I still need to get my LORs, and start my application. I am getting nervous now.

well at least i know im not the only one! there's still plenty of time..u just don't want to waste any of it u know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT in January, (should've waited until I finished Org.) but what is done is done. My scores 16-20 may give me problems with getting into dental school. So, I am really dreading it, but I will be retaking the DAT August 19 in Raleigh, NC. I am taking an org. review class at my university all next week (intended for MCAT review, but I was given permission to sit in on the org. part). Hopefully, this will help me in that area. Otherwise, I will be using Kaplan Blue book and Topscore. I am taking Genetics now, and it is a lot of work, so in my spare time I have to study, study DAT. I have already submitted my AADSAS app. on June 25. :eek:

Good Luck Aug. DAT'ers!!! :luck:

I'm also planning on taking the DAT in august, probably right a the begining...I'm at the Marquette summer program right now enrolled in a prep course and it will be done last week of july. I hope i'm ready!! :eek: Good luck to everyone!

I'm scheduled to take it Friday the 13th... but I've been really busy and have not begun to study yet... so maybe I"ll change it I'm not sure right now...

I'm scheduled to take it Aug 7th, but I may push it for later since I may not be fully prepared... we'll see. Good luck to everyone as well!

Does anyone know if they charge you a fee if you decide to change the date of the test?

EVN3331 said:
Does anyone know if they charge you a fee if you decide to change the date of the test?

As I recall, they don't change the fee UNLESS you change the test something like 2 days in advance... so I'm scheduled Sat. Aug 7th and if I don't change it by noon on Thursday, then I'm SOL... So I'm keeping this in mind.

I'm planning on taking the DAT right at the end of August (probably like the 30th or 31st) but I will not be applying until next May for 2006 entry.

What do you guys think about taking the DAT this far in advance of appyling? I hope I will be ready by this time and I have finished all the pre-req classes except animal physiology (this won't hurt me will it?).

Also, since I am not applying until next year, should I still choose schools to send my scores too or will they just find it weird that I am sending scores without ever sending an application until next year? Is anyone else in a similar situation...please let me know what you're doing if you are.

Hey, can anyone tell me how long (on average) it takes from the time you get your registration materials to take the DAT to the time you can schedule to take the DAT.

I JUST registered (well, 2 days ago) to take the DAT and would like to take the DAT by mid-August. Did I register too late? gulp.

Thanks for your help!

it took about a week for them to send me the info in the mail..u can do schedule it over the phone or through the website..i did it through the website..im sure u still have plenty of time to take it mid aug..good luck!

wimmcs said:
I'm scheduled to take it Aug 7th, but I may push it for later since I may not be fully prepared... we'll see. Good luck to everyone as well!

you guys remind me of this time last year. i remember busting my ass everyday of the week around this time. the thing that cought my eye was that some of you would push the exam date back.

when you do that, you'll tend to relax. i hate the fact that you can take the DAT whenever you want. i won't reschedule the date if i were you guys or you'll never be ready.

just tell yourselves "its now or never" and get to your studying. do whatever it takes to be ready in 8 weeks and then take it.

good luck to you all.