whoever gets on the most waitlists this year wins!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. E

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to play this game?? I think Im winning. Im on 3 and if the trend continues, I will be on 4 once Meharry calls me back. And, unless I really screw things up, after Im done at MSU, it will be 5.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on 3 and if Mount Sinai really does waitlist everyone, I'm expecting a 4th shortly. It'll be a tight race, friend.

DZH

im on two, one is mount sinai......good luck d! hope you have better luck them me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I won! I won! FOUR!

1. I'm on two waitlists right now.
2. Also on "hold" (ie incipient waitlist) at two other schools
3. Still waiting to hear from Drexel any time now --> probably waitlist.
4. Late march interview at Tulane --> most def waitlist.

So if my incipient waitlists mature into full-blown waitlists then I'm looking at six.

is it just me, or are three of us Canadians?

is this is a sign from the heavens? discuss.

I'm beating the $hit out of you guys. I'm on 8 waiting or hold lists. Looks like I win for the time being... :D

yeha. but in a way, this is completely nuts. you should do it by percentage. cuz i withdrew from school and I only filled out secondaries to like 4 schools i think, i dunno check out my link. but i'm waitlisted at 2. so this should be by percentage. I mean u could have applied to 25 schools to my 4. oh well.

waitlisted at Mt Sinai as predicted! I've got four in hand.

have 4 right now and expect my Rosalind Franklin interview to yield another for a grand total of 5! Yeah for me

8 interviews and currently on 4 waitlists. I fully expect to be on two more by March 15th.

9 interviews
8 Attended
5 Waitlists
1 Acceptance
2 Waiting to Hear

Once one has an acceptance in one's pocket, the casual observer might justifiably think the existential strife of the 'applicant' would have subsided at least somewhat and been replaced by the glee of the 'matriculant'. In that sense, Sir, I feel that you cannot be considered a bona fide member of the 'Waitlist' community. We are a sorry lot of angst-ridden applicants to whom the full breadth of the application calendar avails itself. There is no date on the calendar for which we yearn; we are lost! Alas.

(I do recognize that any old acceptance isn't necessarily THE acceptance you've been dreaming of; nevertheless, I believe that the true waitlister is he who would gladly abjure such distinctions in return for ANY acceptance.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, no acceptances allowed in this thread. At least you can sleep at night.

Currently on 5 waitlists...so I guess I'm in for runner-up...this will probably change when I hear back from the non-rolling schools.

sigh...I HATE waitlists!!

So now Im officially on 4 watlists. No matter how many schools you're wating for, if your not accepted somwhere at this point, life is tough. I started the application game totally optimistic, thinking that I would be a good fit somewhere. At this point my optimism is almost completely gone. It has been replaced with frustration and self doubt. Oh well, I guess nothing good in life is easy.

9 interviews
1 rejection
7 waitlists
still waiting to hear from BU

10 interviews
4 waitlists
2 post-interview holds
1 waiting to hear

I obviously suck at this interviewing thing. At least I don't have any post-interview rejections yet.

I'm currently waiting on waitlists.

Thus far, I've done 7 interviews and received 1 rejection and 5 holds.

So I have the potential of running 6 waitlists.

I'm really done waiting. I think some schools need to get their act together and admit me. :D

6 interviews
3 waitlists
1 post-interview hold
0 post-interview rejections
2 pre-interview rejections
0 acceptances

Will this ever end??

hey guys, i know this process can totally suck!!!

6 interviews
2 waitlists
1 post interview rejection - Ohio State doesnt take internationals and i got my money back
2 that i havent heard from yet

but yesturday i got my first acceptance at jefferson!!!!! i though it would never happen but it did!!! dont lose hope! i know its hard to absorb it right now, and i was really bitter each day, but wow, you never know. good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :love:

im sittin on 4 ---waitlists/delayed decision/hold/

it sucks ehhh
those guys with 7 or 8 are really out of my league right now
but im still waiting to hear back from 4 more places so i could be making a a late game comeback
its not over till its over baby!!

but seriously, someone whose on7 waitlists is not getting in somewhere at the end of the day???

9 interviews
5 waitlist
1 hold
1 rejection
2 no decision yet

I must agree that being waitlisted is the worst... although better than a rejection. It's still not fun because you are in this unending limbo for who knows how long. I think being on hold is probably a little worse than waitlist. I don't even get why there is a hold category.

4 waitlists, 1 rejection post-interview. Many more pre-interview rejections to come.

I'm interested in that previous remark about Canadians being waitlisted a lot. I'm Canadian and wondering, is this usually what happens due to our international student status?

Sigh.

No, it's because you say "eh" and "hoser" too much in the interviews and because you don't lock your doors.

I would suggest ostentatiously bragging about your deadbolt and peppering you speech with words like "goddam" and "sonavabitch."

oli84 said:
4 waitlists, 1 rejection post-interview. Many more pre-interview rejections to come.

I'm interested in that previous remark about Canadians being waitlisted a lot. I'm Canadian and wondering, is this usually what happens due to our international student status?

Sigh.

only on 2 - Rochester and hold at downstate
but expecting 2 more on the way
for a total of 4 out of 4 interviews

0 acceptances and rejections post-interview

waiting and waiting and waiting

good luck everyone

Sorry to leave you guys....but I got my first acceptance. I feel like everyone with a sense of humor, that posted in this thread, deserves a spot somewhere.

Uegis said:
I obviously suck at this interviewing thing. At least I don't have any post-interview rejections yet.

yeah, those are great. it's like they're saying to you "hey, you looked good on paper, but now that we've met you, no f***ing way!"

I'm on 10 waitlists. No kidding!
The good news is that I've also gotten a few acceptances.
I'll be dropping most of the waitlists this week.

I'm on 3 so far. You know, there's still two schools I haven't heard anything from period. Ain't that strange, most peopel haev to be close to done interviewing by now?

oli84 said:

Sigh.

i hear your pain dude...obviously i'm canadian too (hence my sdn name) and i'm on 8 waitlists with 1 post-interview rejection...like you, i can't help but think it's b/c i'm canadian but that may just may be a mechanism to make me feel better about myself :oops: ...anyway, there's still hope, which i'm gonna hang on too till the end of august...good luck to you!

Mr. E,

Do you mind me asking where it is that you got your acceptance from.
Congrats by the way :thumbup:

6 interviews, 4 waitlists, 1 acceptance

7 interviews
5 alternate/waitlists
2 acceptances

7 interviews
6 waitlists (Duke, Hopkins, Cornell, Columbia, Yale, WashU - wtf?)
1 acceptance (NYU)

Does this mean I have a bad personality?

Mr. E said:
Sorry to leave you guys....but I got my first acceptance. I feel like everyone with a sense of humor, that posted in this thread, deserves a spot somewhere.

Mr.E-I will be attending MSUCHM next year too. I hope to see you there. Is it your first choice-or are you going to dump it if you get in somewhere else off the waitlist?

Hey yp-Im definitely gonna go to MSU. I loved the school, and I think they loved me....they accepted me in 5 days. Ive been wating for GWU and Albany for about 5 months.

13 interviews (over the span of roughly 8 weeks due to late mcat) and i get:

2 acceptances
2 rejections
8 friggin waitlists (1 of which is a 'high' one)

and neither partridge nor pear trees to speak of

6 interviews
1 hold
5 waitlists
0 acceptances

This really sux, I mean really really sux...to all those on waitlists with no acceptances, hang in there...I can't wait for that fat packet and/or phone call from the admissions office. I'm still planning what to do on that night. Good luck guys.