• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

ldybug579

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi all, i'm new to posting, but was wondering of the people who were accepted to buffalo so far who will be attending?

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
ldybug579 said:
Hi all, i'm new to posting, but was wondering of the people who were accepted to buffalo so far who will be attending?

Hey, I am! BUFFALO 2010

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
ldybug579 said:

95% that is

About the Ads

Ronald Jeremy

blah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
blah
Status
Pre-Dental
I'll be there. Got my packet today in the mail and I'm pumped. Can't wait to kick the med students' a$$e$ in gross!!!!!

ldybug579

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
Great. I am still waiting on my packet ... Mail to Arizona takes forever. I have checked Buffalo's site twice a day to make sure it's still "accept the applicant" :D

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
ldybug579 said:
Great. I am still waiting on my packet ... Mail to Arizona takes forever. I have checked Buffalo's site twice a day to make sure it's still "accept the applicant" :D

haha me too...bc i still havent recieved my packet yet either!!!! and i live in NY.

syn_apse

Registered Loser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
Status
hey guys, can i come too? my interview is running a little late :oops: will somebody save a seat for me?

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
syn_apse said:
hey guys, can i come too? my interview is running a little late :oops: will somebody save a seat for me?

NO!! No.....MY BUFFALO!! Mine.

*clutches the car decal that came in packet posessively*

:smuggrin:

ldybug579

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
asd said:
haha me too...bc i still havent recieved my packet yet either!!!! and i live in NY.
i'm glad i'm not the only one, who hasn't recieved their packet :)

syn_apse

Registered Loser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
Status
hi again. first, congrats to everybody who was accepted! second, does anybody know how many students have been interviewed so far... or how many acceptance offers have been made?

my interview is in 2 weeks, so i'm just curious where i stand going in...

thanks and best wishes :luck:

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Still havent recieved my packet...hope this wasnt a mistake :laugh: :laugh:

oldboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Status
The more i think about it, buffalo seems to be my new #1. Low cost of living, great clinical training, snow, and cheap tuition. western new york here I come.

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
has everyone recieved their acceptance package from buffalo yet?

About the Ads

ldybug579

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
asd said:
has everyone recieved their acceptance package from buffalo yet?
I received my packet today (sat) woo hoo. hopefully, you'll get yours soon. :)

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
oldboy said:
The more i think about it, buffalo seems to be my new #1. Low cost of living, great clinical training, snow, and cheap tuition. western new york here I come.
Don't forget your own operatory for the last two years!!! Talk about practice running a practice!

And, if I may, the library was gorgeous...

oldboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Status
I'mFillingFine said:
Don't forget your own operatory for the last two years!!! Talk about practice running a practice!

And, if I may, the library was gorgeous...
Where are you thinking you'll end up.

dmf

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
How long after your interview did Buffalo accept you?

Did they send an e-mail or a packet by mail?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

oldboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Status
I am going to buffalo tomorrow for a few days to check out the area again and also check out the options for places to live. I am really excited about starting there in August and will convey any info to those that are curious about what i find. PM me.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
Dentist 2 be said:
Congrats to all those accepted to UBSDM!! Awesome School!!! :)
Dentist 2 be, would you mind terribly answering the following questions? I feel like Buffalo is EXCELLENT with clinical prep (yay for your own chair!) and it seems to have a great reputation, but I'm really curious about what LIFE is like there, both at a public school and where it is.

1. How do students balance academics, rest, play, and professional lives?

2. What do students do for fun? (Both specific activities and just how they joke around with each other)

3. Is the general feel of the school more academic, healthcare institutional, family-oriented, professional....?

4. What are the student-student and student-faculty dynamics like?

5. How are the faculty?

6. How is the rest of the campus (everything together for Penn, having the other grad schools around for Buffalo)?

7. How do you like your city?

Thank you SOOOOOO much!!! I seem to flip-flop between penn and buffalo every moment!

Tim Theisen

Strep mutans...what a guy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2005
Status
B-B-B-Buffalo, where the cold wind blows, I'll be there next year, dental bound ladies and bros. Dentistry has been callin on me since like nineteen ninety three, age ten I knew then that is where I had to be...d-d-d-d-drilling and filling and killing the pain, p-p-p-probing, x-raying I'm on the top of my game...I kill S. mutans with my ambidextrous hands and I'm all about the comprehensive coverage dental plans...

SUNY BUFF 2110...you ready for TT?
(The Amalgam Maniac)

dmf

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
dmf said:
How long after your interview did Buffalo accept you?

Did they send an e-mail or a packet by mail?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Any body???????? They are killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee with anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental

asd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
dmf said:
Thanks asd, I have been checking the site, but there has been no change in the status. How long was it after the interview that you heard from them?

well i interviewed with them on Nov. 4th and i heard on Dec. 1st (on the site). Then a week later i got the package from them. It came with a really cool car sticker :D . Im sure youll hear soon. give them a call if you want. they have a really nice admissions staff!

dmf

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
Status
asd said:
well i interviewed with them on Nov. 4th and i heard on Dec. 1st (on the site). Then a week later i got the package from them. It came with a really cool car sticker :D . Im sure youll hear soon. give them a call if you want. they have a really nice admissions staff!
Thanks ASD.

I agree, the admissions staff was very nice.

Congrats on your acceptance!!!

About the Ads