Who's Going to PITT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Show your Faces!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am:cool:
WHen did you have your interview RozhonDDS? I am trying to guess if I have seen you on Nov.27th or not?:D
Btw,you need to change your name to RozhonDMD then:D

I am still deciding between Pitt and NYU..

Members don't see this ad :)
yea I know, I do need to change my name, I interviewed on the 20th

I am still deciding between Pitt and NYU..

i got into pitt and nyu so far, and go to nyu undergrad...despite what people say about nyu, its really sprucing up the program...ull learn to be an amazzing dentist, but its huge. 230 students plus 130 the second yr is too much for me. In terms of comparing the two cities, nyc is awesome, but pitt seemed more relaxed and chill.
At the end of the day, my votes on pitt for next yr.

Hi guys,
I have been accepted to NYU, pitt, U conn and michigan so far. NYU is too expensive for having such a big class. I liked pitt alot. Michigan seemed really boring. I am still very undecided but I am thinking of pitt at this point

can't beat it, great city, great sports teams, and overall the school its self is more medically orientated than any other school I interviewed at. You will see a lot of stuff, plus the oral surgery dept was nice

Yes..I, too, am leaning towards Pitt because of NYU's large class size. But I was really impressed with the many opportunities offered at NYU.

what kind of opportunities?

what kind of opportunities?

well the research at nyu is amazing. no matter what people from harvard or penn or columbia say to you on student doctor, the NIH gives more money to nyu than ne other school this past yr. i did research at the biomaterials lab on implants and i was impressed...other schools dont even have that department. BUT, heres the thing, at Pitt they have an implant center. Implants are gonna be making all the money in the future so I much rather learn how to put em in rather than learn which composition is better and why.

another thing, mad connections at nyu..their alumni pool is huge so u can network with them and work closely with them cuz a lot stay in the city and set up shop not far away from nyu.

again, im partial to nyu cuz i go there for undergrad, but, after 4 yrs i need a change of pace and more importantly the small class size is really whats making me prefer pitt over nyu. some kids there are happy, some arent and generally if youre willing to get involved i hear its great...but if you wanna hide and just do ur own thing....u aint gonna be happy in nyu or nyc, nyu undergrad and grad schools arent the right choice for you then cuz the schools put the onus on you to perform and become independent. but the quality of education is amazing.....sorry if i confused you more...

*phewww*

most likely going to pitt....loved it loved it loved it....any persians out there wanting to go to pitt??

Got accepted Dec 1st; interviewed Nov 20th. Have also interviewed at Marquette but haven't heard anything from them yet...

Got accepted on Dec 1st! interviewed on 12/20~~
I'm going to Pitt!!!:laugh:

i'm considering pitt too, and i'm just wondering what you pitt ppl thought about the clinics? I was impressed by everything at pitt except for the clinics, which i found pretty depressing... old, dark, claustrophobic (low ceilings, cramped cubicles), and empty (maybe it was just my day - nov 20 - but there seemed to be noone there). Did you guys notice this also, and what do you think about it? We'll be spending a ton of time in there so i'm not sure how i feel about it. Obviously you aren't bothered too much by it if you're going, but was it something you thought about?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty much every school i interviewed at didn't have any patients really in the clinic. The major reason being.... our tours were given durring lunch. At UW we weren't allowed to walk through the clinics b/c of privacy reasons, but our tour was given right after lunch, so it was packed.

P.S. Attending Pitt (pending a rejection from UW) I really liked Pitt. It was personally my #2 after my interviews. Maybe see you all there.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty much every school i interviewed at didn't have any patients really in the clinic. The major reason being.... our tours were given durring lunch. At UW we weren't allowed to walk through the clinics b/c of privacy reasons, but our tour was given right after lunch, so it was packed.

P.S. Attending Pitt (pending a rejection from UW) I really liked Pitt. It was personally my #2 after my interviews. Maybe see you all there.

totally agree!

jor...see you there too!
p.s. i agree with you too. there were hardly any patients in the clinics either at all my interviews.

I actually asked personally about the number of patients they get on average. One of the students told me that they are always booked!
I hope he was right