• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Did you make any last-minute rank-list changes?

• No. My decision-making was so skillful. (Or it was decided for me).

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No. I was so lazy I couldn't even finish a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but nothing major.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Yes, I rearranged my entire rank list.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, I changed my #1 spot after much deliberation and alcohol.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • What rank list?

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Tazmaniac

2 min. from a nice nap
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2003
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
It is now 10:00pm PST Feb 24 (1:00am EST Feb 25) and I just made some last-'minute' changes for some reason I don't remember. It seems so easy to flip around rank list choices without thinking about it.

-Todd MS-IV USC

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Status (Visible)
I'd go with your first instinct, and don't over-analyze your decision. Social psychology studies have shown that people, when given choices, are usually happiest with their first instinct and when they don't over-analyze their decision before making it. I made my rank list a while ago, and I haven't moved anything around since then, but I have checked many times just to make sure that it was still certified (in a similar manner that someone with OCD drives back to his house several times to make sure that the stove is still off). Hmm, sounds like something that I will do right now again as a matter of fact. ;)

Skrubz

Not your scut monkey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Status (Visible)
after much deliberation over the past week, i ended up dropping a program off my ROL completely and rearranged some of my prelim programs. the top half of my ROLs hasn't budged though; i'm happy with those. now comes the waiting... :scared:

About the Ads

biogirl2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2003
Status (Visible)
I feel the OCD, too. Does anyone have the dread that somehow even though it says "certified ROL" they didn't do it right? Yeah, I need help.

Galaxian

You wanna get high?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Secret Military Base
Status (Visible)
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!! This constant second guessing, and the "Oh My GOD, what if I drop down to my number three spot?" I'm picturing my life five, ten years down the line, and how it will all unfold if I choose unwisely. This whole year has been a constant anxiety attack, and I'm about to burn up my last nerve...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.