Who's ready for school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr_Feelgood

Well as we approach August another school year begins, so who's ready? All you first years, who's crapping their Huggies? All of you fourth years, nevermind you've been going to school straight through since last year.

I've given you a topic no discuss!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty pumped to start school in a couple of weeks and maybe a little nervous. I just got in des moines today and am moving in as we speak. Is anyone else in iowa yet? Back to the boxes. Later.

ONCOGENE

I'm ready for school...to end in May! :laugh: Just 10 more months of working like a dog and then, well, 3 more years of working like a dog!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
oncogene said:
I am pretty pumped to start school in a couple of weeks and maybe a little nervous. I just got in des moines today and am moving in as we speak. Is anyone else in iowa yet? Back to the boxes. Later.

ONCOGENE

Yeah...I am pumped as well.

After being out of school working for 2.5 years, I am trying to mentally prepare for this change. Somewhat terrifying but sweet. I am not moving to the Cha Town until next week. Its going to be a change from rural Minnesota, which to you DMU'er is very similar to rural Iowa.

Any Scholl students make it into your new homes yet?

Good Luck Everyone

I'm ready to get in it. Bring it on TUSPM!

oncogene said:

ONCOGENE

Oncogene,
Hey, I will be a first-year student at DMU starting this fall as well. I just moved into The Imperial Apts. this past weekend. Where are you living? What are you doing to stay busy until school starts?

doclm said:

After being out of school working for 2.5 years, I am trying to mentally prepare for this change. Somewhat terrifying but sweet. I am not moving to the Cha Town until next week. Its going to be a change from rural Minnesota, which to you DMU'er is very similar to rural Iowa.

Good Luck Everyone
Its Chi-town, get it right before you move there.

MarquetteGuy said:
Oncogene,
Hey, I will be a first-year student at DMU starting this fall as well. I just moved into The Imperial Apts. this past weekend. Where are you living? What are you doing to stay busy until school starts?

MarquetteGuy,

I bought a town house in pleasant hill(southern rural burb).Where are you at in des moines? I haven't really been doing much at all except moving. I've been bored actually. How about you?

Oncogene

oncogene said:
MarquetteGuy,

I bought a town house in pleasant hill(southern rural burb).Where are you at in des moines? I haven't really been doing much at all except moving. I've been bored actually. How about you?

Oncogene

Oncogene,
Actually, my apartment complex is almost directly across from the school on Grand Ave. I haven't been doing much, just trying to get settled in, playing/trying to play some golf, and working out a little. Other than that, I haven't been doing much at all, pretty bored myself.

hey ill be starting scholl this fall too. ill be there agu. 7th. its kinda late but im going on a family trip the week before. hows the biochem studying going? where ru going to live?

doclm said:

Good Luck Everyone

MD2b20004 said:
Its Chi-town, get it right before you move there.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I would have been in trouble if I tried to "spell" it out to someone. Anyway, isn't it procounced CHA..., rather than CHI?.....

scorpion4lif said:
hey ill be starting scholl this fall too. ill be there agu. 7th. its kinda late but im going on a family trip the week before. hows the biochem studying going? where ru going to live?

I'm going to be living around the Mt. Prospect area off of Golf Rd. It'll be a small commute, but my GF is commuting the other way for school. So I guess its a good meeting place. In addition, I got a better deal on an aparment down there. Its a 25 minute commute from my door to RFU. Only 12 min on the I-294 northbound at least.

How about you, where are you going to live?

See you soon.

doclm said:
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I would have been in trouble if I tried to "spell" it out to someone. Anyway, isn't it procounced CHA..., rather than CHI?.....
It's really pronounced "shy-town" or shy with a "C". So it's more a "chi" (like Chi-sox for the baseball White Sox) say friends I know that lived in the Chicago area.

Members don't see this ad :)
well technically i already started my 3rd year, but i do look forward to continuously getting pimped by the docs - good times :D

Onco and Marquette,

If you get to bored you can always head up to school. I'll be there in the morning tommorrow if you want to chat.. Onco, I'm glad to hear you found a townhouse. I live in the burbs too, but I'm North. I still take I-235 East to school, it just takes 15 minutes to get there.

hey feelgood,

Are you in ankeney? I looked at the same town house I am in now only in ankeney. I decided on pleasant hill because it has a 5 year tax abatement. I like to stick it to uncle sam any chance I get.

Oncogene

No I'm west of ankeny in Polk City. I'm a few blocks from Saylorville Lake. We choose our b/c we got 4 bdrms and 2.5 baths for under 120.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Onco and Marquette,

If you get to bored you can always head up to school. I'll be there in the morning tommorrow if you want to chat.. Onco, I'm glad to hear you found a townhouse. I live in the burbs too, but I'm North. I still take I-235 East to school, it just takes 15 minutes to get there.

Hey,
Thanks for the offer, I might be in there tomorrow morning actually working out I think. That would be cool though, thanks.

I'll be in one of the first two study rooms (closest to the bookstore) on the first floor of the SEC. I leave by noon but feel free to stop by and chat.

angelica259 said:
I'm ready to get in it. Bring it on TUSPM!

Hi, I have an interview this coming Monday at TUSM. This is the only school I applied to, and the only one I want go to. I really hope I get in. I think David Martin said I have a very good chance. But anyhow, I'm really nervous about the interview. Is there anyway you could tell me how your interview was? What kind of questions they asked? Who interviewed you? How many interviews did you have? Was the person who interviewed you laid back, or very stern? What did you wear? I was planning on wearing a business suit, the blazer, and skirt. How was the tour of campus? How was the campus? Over all your impression of the campus? I know this is A LOT of questions, but I have never been to there before. My interview on the 31st will be my first time, and I am so nervous, because I have NO idea what to expect. Then I saw your post, and I thought maybe you could give me some insight. I would appreciate it SOOOOOOO MUCH, if you could reply back, and let me in on some of the questions I asked. Thank you!

Dr_Feelgood said:
I'll be in one of the first two study rooms (closest to the bookstore) on the first floor of the SEC. I leave by noon but feel free to stop by and chat.

Hey,
Thanks for the offer, I'll try and find that study room tomorrow morning when I'm over there if I can. Thanks again.

Dr_Feelgood said:

What are you doing in a study room? getting ready for a second run at boards in Oct? Go home and hang out with your wife. There will be plenty of time for studying in a couple weeks.

gustydoc said:
What are you doing in a study room? getting ready for a second run at boards in Oct? Go home and hang out with your wife. There will be plenty of time for studying in a couple weeks.

My wife works from 8-12:30, so instead of sitting around getting fat at home; I sit around and get fat at school. I might need the extra time to study for the October boards; maybe I failed that bad. :D

Dr_Feelgood said:
My wife works from 8-12:30, so instead of sitting around getting fat at home; I sit around and get fat at school. I might need the extra time to study for the October boards; maybe I failed that bad. :D

Hey,
I tried to stop by the study rooms by the bookstore this morning (around 10:oops:oish) but I didn't find any. I hope you weren't waiting or anything, and I apologize if you were. Thanks for the offer though.

I was over in the clinic, but I left my stuff in the room. Sorry I missed ya. I'll be there again tomorrow, but this time I'll stick around.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I was over in the clinic, but I left my stuff in the room. Sorry I missed ya. I'll be there again tomorrow, but this time I'll stick around.

Thanks again for the offer, I'll try to stop by tomorrow morning, but don't stick around there if you need to do other stuff. I don't want to keep you from doing anything else. Thanks again for your help.

DMU'ers. Just got into town on Friday, just got internet today. Anyone going to the preorientation events this week. I signed up for the Court Ave. dinner on friday. I can't wait to study some gen. science!!

I'm so excited about school that I actually bought some embryology and histology books and started reading them!

I know I sound like a freak, but I am so excited about finally getting to work on my dream!