who's taking the ACT tomorrow?

OoOoO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm extremely scared. i have a hard time focusing on 4 hour test, like i'll do fine on the math & english section because it's only 2 hours and it's not that bad but when it comes to science and reading, i just get so tired that i start feeling out random circles...hints needed.

Members don't see this ad.

like what will help me stay focus?

HUGE breakfast. That is what I like before test!

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a break between english/math and reading/science, so maybe that will help? I eat a protein bar on the break. If I finish a section early I close my eyes- it helps me concentrate better afterwards. I keeps my eyes closed when the teacher reads the directions for each section too. It looks weird, but who cares? Also, I think just relax and don't worry. Tell yourself that you can always take the test again. I get dizzy and confused when I get really nervous. Hope that helps and good luck. :luck:

Hey everyone. Hope you will all do well on it ! :D

Feel free to leave feed back for strategies you used during the test and how you did on each section.

Good luck ! :)

Im taking it tomorrow. Its almost 12 now, and i should probably go to sleep now...

Any feedbacks guys ? :D

OK....English was fine, math-I probably did about the same as last time, I ran out of time again. Reading was OK, I finished all the passages. Science was hard again; lots of wild guessing and didn't even get to look at 2 of the passages-and I went straight to the questions too. Essay was about as good as you could expect for an essay. I hate timed writing. I think I probably did about the same as I did last time, maybe a little worse.:(

What did you guys think?

Thanks for the feed back Glowworm :thumbup:

Any others ?

Enlgish Rather easy. Math Easy last 5 questions=wtf??? Reading probably got a 36 :) Science....What the hell!! Like seriously this was a bad science. I read the first passage, and looked at the questions... immediately chose to go on to the next. Then the next section i did the same thing as the previous section. I get to the third section, say screw it, and move to the fourth. Finally i go i get it!! Then i go back to the first section, and im like im stupid this is easy. Then do the 2nd section, and when im working on the third the time limit expires. Arg
Overall this one was rather easy, but the dang science section.

Yeah, I heard science was killer; I'm kinda glad I didn't take it this time.

What was so hard about the Science? What was hanging you up?

It was just some nonsense. Usually the first 4 passages are easy with the fifth being kind of challenging. The way they worded everything just made it..Blah i guess. It was just bad.

It was just some nonsense. Usually the first 4 passages are easy with the fifth being kind of challenging. The way they worded everything just made it..Blah i guess. It was just bad.

How many times have you taken it? Hopefully you will do well!

I believe that was my third
:(

Bah i dont like my scores-let alone writing them for the whole world to see.
28. I think i should study for the next one.

Bah i dont like my scores-let alone writing them for the whole world to see.
28. I think i should study for the next one.

Wow three times eh? Those scores really aren't terrible, is there a reason you are wanting to take it again?

Well. I figure ill get it as high as it can go. Its only 30$, and lasts for what 3-4 hours? Why not take it over again. My scores have increased 1point every time, so i figured after my 28 only 8 more times to go :D
Plus i really want a 36 in the reading, it would just make me feel happy lol.

I'm sure you'll be fine... I've made a 21 and a 25 so far... I'm shooting for a 28-30... I should probably do some studying too....