Who's the Minority?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DentPursuer88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, this might sound like a dumb question, but are Middle Eastern (Arabs or Persians) considered in the minority group. Reason I ask is because the aren't listen as one of the options for minorities in applications. Thanks for all your help.
 
Hey guys, this might sound like a dumb question, but are Middle Eastern (Arabs or Persians) considered in the minority group. Reason I ask is because the aren't listen as one of the options for minorities in applications. Thanks for all your help.
Middle eastern (Arab & Persians) aren't considered minority.
 
Nah, I'm Middle Eastern so I would know. They categorize us under the "Caucasian" category. I think it has something to do with our race being well-represented in the area of dentistry (and other fields) - In no way am I implying elitism here though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
let me correct that....
you are a minority if u are from, egypt (oh great egypt), lybia, tunisia, algeria, or morroco...those are all afro-american/canadian...
but the rest are not considered minorities...
 
ooooo ok....I was born in Saudi Arabia, but my dad is syrian and my mom is from iraq. I have a crazy background lol, I need a whole page to explain it to you guys lol.
 
I would like to ask you a question for my cousin here. He is a deaf and applied this year; however, is he involved in a minority for dental schools due to his hearing loss? Thanks!