-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Why a doctor?
Started by DiamondBar
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You're right. It does pop up a lot on this board according to a simple forum search. 😉
You're right. It does pop up a lot on this board according to a simple forum search. 😉
Oh I didn't know! Sorry, I'm new !
Will search it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're right. It does pop up a lot on this board according to a simple forum search. 😉
ILikeDrugs FTW
why not, thats why
Señor Chang ( http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0163685/ ) is actually an M.D. IRL, so I'm going to med school for the opportunity to become an actor is a so-so comedy.
Señor Chang ( http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0163685/ ) is actually an M.D. IRL, so I'm going to med school for the opportunity to become an actor is a so-so comedy.
I'm offended about this. Hangover, on the other hand, was AWESOME!!
I'm offended about this. Hangover, on the other hand, was AWESOME!!
He was hilarious in Knocked Up, too. I have the DVD with some alternate scenes/bloopers, and some of them with him in it just cracked me up.
He was hilarious in Knocked Up, too. I have the DVD with some alternate scenes/bloopers, and some of them with him in it just cracked me up.
I am ashamed to say that I have not seen Knocked Up. I gotta get on that.
I saw Hangover in theaters, and was pretty surprised by it. I expected a trashy movie, but even though it was certainly trashy, it was hilarious and it had a certain classiness to it 🙂
I am ashamed to say that I have not seen Knocked Up. I gotta get on that.
I saw Hangover in theaters, and was pretty surprised by it. I expected a trashy movie, but even though it was certainly trashy, it was hilarious and it had a certain classiness to it 🙂
Yes, you need to see Knocked Up. Way too funny.
I was kinda shocked about the Hangover as well. I expected it to be just an entire movie of shtick, and while it had a ton of it, it actually had a plot too that made sense.
Same reasons as always: chicks, fame, and cash.
I'm a masochist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Upper middle class or lower upper class median salary
Job security
Flexible hours
Job security
Flexible hours
Upper middle class or lower upper class median salary
Job security
Flexible hours
lolwut
But then when do you play golf?😕lolwut
Why not...i would love to be the first doctor in my family and also bring in the big bucks....i love proving people wrong as well.
When you retire, IF you survive residency+attending work.But then when do you play golf?😕
EN
When you retire, IF you survive residency+attending work.
EN
Didn't you get the memo? Doctors don't make enough money to afford retirement!
To make up for my low self esteem.
All of these plus you can always make a strong argument for wearing pajamas to work.
All of these plus you can always make a strong argument for wearing pajamas to work.
ooo yeah this too
D
deleted202457
Well I was inspired by this great dr that was kind and caring, you may have heard of him. His name is Greg House and his treatment of patients and attitude inspire me to strive for greatness and be a dr 🙂
Well I was inspired by this great dr that was kind and caring, you may have heard of him. His name is Greg House and his treatment of patients and attitude inspire me to strive for greatness and be a dr 🙂
Yea I've heard of him. He is brilliant.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted202457
Yea I've heard of him. He is brilliant.
I know! I feel like he is an inspiration to all that are interested in medicine lol. Who wouldn't want to be like hiim?
I actually thought a bit about this while I was doing college applications because I was asked why I wanted to study a particular field (at the time BME). To be honest, looking back on my life, medical treatment in my early life had a big impact. First, I was born one month premature along with my twin and even that was with drugs to prevent labor. If it wasn't for the medical care in the United States, I might not be alive. In addition, I have had hypothyroidism since I was born. This wasn't caught until I was already at home and my mother noticed that I was sleeping for an unusual amount longer than my brother. If our doctor had not called to check on our condition, this may have gone unnoticed for some time and would likely have affected my mental development.
Needless to say, I have my reasons for wanting to help. I have an interest and decent ability in science and mathematics. In addition, there's something that helping others gives that nothing else does. To me, it makes sense to use that which medicine has allowed me to have in order to contribute to medical care.
Needless to say, I have my reasons for wanting to help. I have an interest and decent ability in science and mathematics. In addition, there's something that helping others gives that nothing else does. To me, it makes sense to use that which medicine has allowed me to have in order to contribute to medical care.
I've always liked tools and fixing things
but my brain wouldn't have been happy with handy-man status
so I figured I would aim for the big guns
Ortho surgeon -- the handyman of doctors
(on a side note -- I probably would have made a great engineer but it seems too much like a cubicle job with no people-interaction... which I def don't want! ahh!)
but my brain wouldn't have been happy with handy-man status
so I figured I would aim for the big guns
Ortho surgeon -- the handyman of doctors
(on a side note -- I probably would have made a great engineer but it seems too much like a cubicle job with no people-interaction... which I def don't want! ahh!)
After helping my grandparents & residents at the place I volunteer with various ailments like arthritis and other debilities and seeing my mom go through diabetes taking insulin injections to ensure safe pregnancy for my little brother and etc I feel like I can do more to help. If I acquire all the skills I need to be a doctor Im sure I can really make a difference and help people. Im willing to go through 4 years undergrad then apply for medical school and hopefully get in and be what I wanna be. Its my passion
After helping my grandparents & residents at the place I volunteer with various ailments like arthritis and other debilities and seeing my mom go through diabetes taking insulin injections to ensure safe pregnancy for my little brother and etc I feel like I can do more to help. If I acquire all the skills I need to be a doctor Im sure I can really make a difference and help people. Im willing to go through 4 years undergrad then apply for medical school and hopefully get in and be what I wanna be. Its my passion
Can you write with a bigger font next time so I don't need to use a magnifying glass?
and
for your reasoning! at least you're honest...
Last edited:
I think it'd be cool the be an anesthesiologist, simply cause pushing drugs into peoples veins and watching them fall asleep is actually really cool. The cause and effect right in front of your eyes entertains me lol.
Maybe I'm just power hungry.
Maybe I'm just power hungry.
Why? Because I applied and got in, of course. Ask me again in a few weeks. I bet my answer will be "because I signed the electronic MPN, accepted the loan money, and paid the tuition...how else am I going to pay it back?"
D
deleted202457
Why? Because I applied and got in, of course. Ask me again in a few weeks. I bet my answer will be "because I signed the electronic MPN, accepted the loan money, and paid the tuition...how else am I going to pay it back?"
This is the kind of answers that get me excited to be a dr 😀
There is nothing like the smell of a smart a** in the afternoon haha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 3K






