isso1418

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I submitted my apps for nova, west va, lecom, case western, and howard almost a week ago and I havent heard anything from them since. Is that normal?

Jueves

#FreeJueves
2+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2015
If it's for supplementals, they're currently sending Interview invites so they may be preoccupied, I'd wait a couple more days. As for Interview invites, it usually takes weeks if not months for schools to get back to you or even look at your app...

Patience is a virtue

caffeine jitters

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I submitted my apps for nova, west va, lecom, case western, and howard almost a week ago and I havent heard anything from them since. Is that normal?
Yes. Very normal. There are A LOT of people applying, just give the schools time to get through the apps.

About the Ads

1ysh

2+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
People who submitted on June 1 are now getting invites and they review applications in the order they arrive; so I'd say give at least 4 weeks and hopefully you'll get good news

amariesa

5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2013
Yeah its pretty frustrating to see people who've submitted later than you get interview invites and for you to no hear anything. It makes me wonder if submitting applications super early even matters anymore - I suspect they dont look through the applications by date received anymore.

Reactions: Zen0321

drshen

Harvard School of Dental Medicine
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I don't think it's by date received anymore. (I've heard here that since it's all electronic, they pull up applications randomly? Cannot confirm this.)

From personal experience, I had my applications finalized 8/7 even though I submitted 6/30 (forgot my official transcript so it delayed the completion). Got a UConn interview the next day...So either they were up-to-date on reviewing apps (which is unlikely) or mine just popped up and they decided to review it.

Feb 19, 2014
Minnesota
Status
Dental Student
Why aren't you hearing back? Because it's early and it's only been a week. Patience is key during this process. It took Minnesota 4 months to send me an interview invite my first cycle and 6 weeks the second time. Every school has a different timeline so be patient or you'll drive yourself crazy.

OP
I

isso1418

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Why aren't you hearing back? Because it's early and it's only been a week. Patience is key during this process. It took Minnesota 4 months to send me an interview invite my first cycle and 6 weeks the second time. Every school has a different timeline so be patient or you'll drive yourself crazy.
This process will definitely drive me crazy....

DKB15

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Yes I currently feel your pain but money is a issue on my side so I have only applied to 3 so far and adding 2-3 every week till September.

OP
I

isso1418

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Yes I currently feel your pain but money is a issue on my side so I have only applied to 3 so far and adding 2-3 every week till September.
Money is a big issue for me! How many applications are planning to submit?

DKB15

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2013
Status
Dental Student
As much as I can until Mid-September.

I plan to go through this one time only.

May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Yea and August is considered late to most of the people on this forum! :(
Submitting in August is considered late to most people on this forum, it doesn't mean you should expect to hear back shortly after submitting your application. Rolling admissions means the earlier applicants are being considered first.

Reactions: Nathangw
OP
I

isso1418

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Submitting in August is considered late to most people on this forum, it doesn't mean you should expect to hear back shortly after submitting your application. Rolling admissions means the earlier applicants are being considered first.
Thats what Im worried about. My Dat scores aren't that great....
I have AA 19 and TS 20, bio 18, rc 18, gc 21, oc 21, pat 18, and qr 16 so being late is hurting me more :(

About the Ads