Why are PT programs in Texas so much cheaper than other states?

Started by steveyk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

steveyk

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone has some insight I'd appreciate it. I noticed that pt programs in tx are significantly cheaper than other states? Why do you think this is? Thanks!
 
If anyone has some insight I'd appreciate it. I noticed that pt programs in tx are significantly cheaper than other states? Why do you think this is? Thanks!

I've also wondered this. One thought I've had is that many PT schools in Texas don't participate in PTCAS. If they did, there would be a much larger pool of applicants. Supply and demand. More people want to get in, the school will see an opportunity and raise tuition and fees. Maybe PTCAS and the ability to apply to many programs drives up the cost of the PT education?
 
Well the tuition for overall Texas schools is cheaper, not only for pt program, medical school or any majors are the same situation