Why are some Neurosurgery programs 6 years and others 7 or 8 years long?

Started by Mister T
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mister T

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question in thread.

If one can become a neurosurgeon in 6 years, then is the competition over the 6 year programs greater than the 8 year programs?
 
Question in thread.

If one can become a neurosurgeon in 6 years, then is the competition over the 6 year programs greater than the 8 year programs?

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some programs require you to do research and get your PhD
 
someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some programs require you to do research and get your PhD

I don't think they require you to get your PhD but I think some programs require a year or so of research...