Why AUC has a better residency placements???

Started by sekem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Check out this

http://www.aucmed.edu/alumni/alumres_cont.htm


damn man they have 1 ortho, 3 radio, 1 derm, 1 neurosurgery ...

St. Georges doesn't have any , most of internal and family!

Why did you think St Georges does not have any competitive matches? A quick glance at their match yielded: 2 neurosurgery (UTSW, Albany) 1 ENT NY Eye & Ear Infirmary, 1 Radiology (UTSA), lots of General Surgery and alot of internal medicine matches at solid University-affiliated programs.

http://www.sgu.edu/website/sguwebsite.nsf/home/2006PostgraduateResidencyAppointments.htm#l
 
Why did you think St Georges does not have any competitive matches? A quick glance at their match yielded: 2 neurosurgery (UTSW, Albany) 1 ENT NY Eye & Ear Infirmary, 1 Radiology (UTSA), lots of General Surgery and alot of internal medicine matches at solid University-affiliated programs.

http://www.sgu.edu/website/sguwebsite.nsf/home/2006PostgraduateResidencyAppointments.htm#l

SGU has good matches, I think it depends on the class that year and alot of other factor too. I've started a spreadsheet of the match lists of the top 4 Caribbean schools with all the US-non DO schools. From the data I've gathered thus far is the almost the same % from the top 4 Caribbean schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check out this

http://www.aucmed.edu/alumni/alumres_cont.htm


damn man they have 1 ortho, 3 radio, 1 derm, 1 neurosurgery ...

St. Georges doesn't have any , most of internal and family!

My school had 1 Rad last year! I think it depends on the grads and the scores, my friend from my school scored a 255 on step one but he wants FP so no WOW there. Don't go by these kind of things between the big 4 just go to the one you think you will do your best at.:luck:
 
SGU has good matches, I think it depends on the class that year and alot of other factor too. I've started a spreadsheet of the match lists of the top 4 Caribbean schools with all the US-non DO schools. From the data I've gathered thus far is the almost the same % from the top 4 Caribbean schools.

Wow that's quite a project. I'm really surprised to hear that the top 4 caribbean schools have similar trends as U.S schools. I'd love to see the spreadsheet when you're done.
 
Wow that's quite a project. I'm really surprised to hear that the top 4 caribbean schools have similar trends as U.S schools. I'd love to see the spreadsheet when you're done.
The number of grads in Ross or SGU is 2 or 3 times that of most US school, Yes there are few matches in highly competitive specialties but relative to the numer of graduates its much less frequent than US school. if your goal is radiology or ortho etc it is still a possibility to match.
 
Wow that's quite a project. I'm really surprised to hear that the top 4 caribbean schools have similar trends as U.S schools. I'd love to see the spreadsheet when you're done.
The number of grads in Ross or SGU is 2 or 3 times that of most US school, Yes there are few matches in highly competitive specialties but relative to the numer of graduates its much less frequent than US school. if your goal is radiology or ortho etc it is still a possibility to match.