Why become a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eugine Wallabee

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you guys want to become pharmacists? What about it interests you? I am a junior in high school, and I am looking into careers into the health care field. All I know about pharmacists is they work behind a counter and give out meds. YES, I know this is an EXTREMELY incorrect description of one, but that is why I am saying it. I want you guys to correct me.
 
Why do you guys want to become pharmacists? What about it interests you? I am a junior in high school, and I am looking into careers into the health care field. All I know about pharmacists is they work behind a counter and give out meds. YES, I know this is an EXTREMELY incorrect description of one, but that is why I am saying it. I want you guys to correct me.
everyone has a different perspectives. if you don't know anything about this profession yet, there is plenty of time (you are still junior in hs) that you can find out by shodowing in pharmacy settings. Once you know more about this career, continue pursuing or going for a different health care profession is still not too late.
And yes, pharmacist works behind a counter and give out meds. But this is not all about this profession. I am sure you will find out more once you are interested in the pharmacist profession.
Good luck to your career path.