"Why choose our school?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys answer this? For most schools my answer is usually just my stats match up, I wanna maximize my chances of getting in, etc. But, I can't exactly write that down on a secondary app.

Members don't see this ad.

I too struggled to come up with reasons to attend certain schools when I was applying because I didn't know any better, I didn't do my homework. I started with the school's website and asked myself what made this school unique. Some schools have points of emphasis like ASDOH and Public Health. Some schools are more research based versus more of a clinical education. You can even mention location and other criteria of high priority to you that this school may satisfy. You just need to start doing a little research and one of the easiest sources is the SDN search function. There are a billion threads about school X vs. School Y that might help you in this regard. Good luck

How do you guys answer this? For most schools my answer is usually just my stats match up, I wanna maximize my chances of getting in, etc. But, I can't exactly write that down on a secondary app.

come on... be creative.

You don't have any family/friends in that city?

What about something unique about the school? Like for example, Nova makes its D1 takes the boards before starting D2. Thats nice because all the matrial from D1 classes stay somewhat fresh.

School's Clinical reputation (keyword = "reputation"). Some schools have very strong clinical years (Temple, Detroit, NY, Buffalo, etc)